• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Steve Silberman: The forgotten history of autism

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
I'll leave this one here for anyone interested;

(The Ted talks video offers subtitles and a transcript for those interested; click the Ted logo on the top left in the video to head to the Ted talks site about the video)

I'd like to point out this is not an invite to debate vaccines, since the video does touch upon that, since it's very much part of, well... autism culture and history.

They must care very much about autism to have provided a transcript. :)
Or at least, greatly care for those of us who prefer to read, print off, and keep a copy!

They must care very much about autism to have provided a transcript. :)
Or at least, greatly care for those of us who prefer to read, print off, and keep a copy!

I believe they do this for most, if not all their videos, often in severeal languages even.

But I figured, I'd link the Ted talks video instead of the Youtube one because of the transcript and subtitles.

I didn't know Kanner was aware of Asperger.

Steve Silberman also wrote The Geek Syndrome. I will look into NeuroTribes when it will be released.

I believe they do this for most, if not all their videos, often in severeal languages even.

But I figured, I'd link the Ted talks video instead of the Youtube one because of the transcript and subtitles.
Good advertisement too. I may have to go check out all the other Ted Talks things has stored around their website.

New Threads

Top Bottom