• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stephen King

Of the filmed stories I liked Pet Cemetary best of those I've seen.

I've read a few of his early novels and enjoyed them a lot. His writing can be a bit long-winded, but once the story gets going, it can be hard to put down. I'd like to read some of his more recent works.

I've read a few of his early novels and enjoyed them a lot. His writing can be a bit long-winded, but once the story gets going, it can be hard to put down. I'd like to read some of his more recent works.
I actually preferred his earlier works. However those earlier works were during the same time he had a drug and alcohol problem. As he aged out (and quit drinking and drugging because his wife threatened to leave him if he didn't), his stories have become more fantasy-oriented rather than horror.

Although the fantasy-oriented novel I enjoyed the most was the Eyes of the Dragon. Didn't so much get into the Dark Tower series.

I actually preferred his earlier works. However those earlier works were during the same time he had a drug and alcohol problem. As he aged out (and quit drinking and drugging because his wife threatened to leave him if he didn't), his stories have become more fantasy-oriented rather than horror.
I'd learned about his substance abuse issues. I can't even imagine writing a grocery list in that state of inebriation, let along an entire novel. I'm glad to learn that he was able to quit.

I enjoy movies that contain fantasy, horror, sci-fi or a mix
as long as they contain an element of possibility.
A supernatural lean, futuristic sci-fi, settings in a fantasy world or human psychological reasons.
Who knows what's possible really?

I have the mundane around me every day. Watching a movie takes me away to another place for a few hours.
Reading fantasy was always a small escape from the ordinary.
Horror doesn't bother me, but horror scenes just for the sake of being supposedly
horrible isn't interesting.
There needs to be some psychological plot beyond just a scary scene.

There's the oddball, off-genre stories he did like "The Body", "The Running Man", "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption", and the previously mentioned "The Green Mile". All of these have little to no supernatural elements, all were adapted into films.

His son writes some pretty solid books as well. Between King and Koontz, it is one of the only sections in a bookstore where almost 90% of the authors there have a last name that begins with "K." And I do count Joe Hill in that because his last name is still King in real life.

New Threads

Top Bottom