• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stepfather likes to sleep in my bed???

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
This wouldn't be so much of a problem if it wasn't happening every single day of the week.

As you all may or may not know, my family and I are currently in a hotel room waiting for housing (which will probably not happen, with the kind of misfortune we have.). As such, it is a full-sized suite with a kitchen island (stovetop and microwave, and sink) and a bathroom, and two king-sized beds. When we first got here, I was sleeping in one of them, and my stepfather was next to my mother in the other bed. Fine, right?

As of late though, he for some outlandish and galactic reason decided to completely take over my bed. Now before I go any further, let me explain to the clearest extent that he is not a bad person and does not regularly do this kind of thing. I know I've talked crap about him in the past but those were different times with different feelings, which I don't have anymore.

Anyhow, he has completely taken over my bed; he doesn't even bother to clear up one side once I get up to use the bathroom. I get up, relieve myself, and when I get back, he's taken up both sides. I've had to resort to making a palette on the floor, which is FLAT HARDWOOD.

One hundred percent, parallel-to-earth, unyielding and merciless flat hardwood underneath a 300-pound Autism patient with an inward-bent spine suffering from lower back pain if I bend the wrong way. That can not be good for my health at all.

I inquired about why he does this, and he claims to have the philosophy that since he paid for the room, everything in it belongs to him and is under his ownership. Including the beds.

That's fine and good and all, but there's a FIBER THIN LINE between owning property and yanking the rug out from under someone's feet. Yes, you do own the room, for the time begin, but NO, THE OTHER BED NEXT TO MY MOTHER'S IS NOT FOR YOU COMPLETELY!

I don't ask for much in this world. I do my part to help people out. I try my hardest to be a good person. I didn't even ask to be born onto this heaven-forsaken ball of garbage and yet I'm still expected to be content with all that happens to me. This is the part where I start fuming with rage, but then break down crying in frustration because there is no mortal entity behind the happenings whose skull I can turn inside-out for doing such an unnecessary thing.

I love my stepfather. I really do. The man taught me how to fish, literally, he educated me on how to protect myself on the street, heck, he didn't even have to let me into his rented house when I ran away from Gaston County to escape being a bullying victim/house servant to my evil uncle and aunt. But he did, and I love him for that; for God's Sake, he's not even my real father and I still love him!

But why?! Why my own bed?! Why do I have to break my back getting up from the cold floor in the morning? Why did it have to be me?! Why do I have such bad luck?!?! WHY DOES GOD HATE ME?!

Don't bother with the story of Job. I've heard it too many times to relate to it.

So sorry, Uberscout. No - I wouldn't relate the story to Job - I'd more relate it to, well, can't even think of one. It's nice that he's paying for the room, but that doesn't make it his. I sympathize with you - none of it is a good situation. However, if you try to look at things from his view - he's probably going through a lot of emotional stuff and feeling pretty bad for not being able to do better for you and your mom right now. And sometimes our frustrations toward ourselves end up being thrown onto someone else. Can you somehow pick up an air mattress or something a little better to sleep on?

@UberScout
First off, characterizing yourself as a victim isn't going to be much help to your situation.
It isn't unique to you to be a person who didn't ask to be born.

Whether someone is expecting you to be "content with all" that happens is another matter.
Is there someone telling you that's how you have to present yourself?
If so, who?

If your step-father is paying for the room, that implies he is head of household.
As such, does he not consider himself responsible for the care/maintenance of
the family?

Has anyone asked the hotel to supply a twin bed to the room, in
addition to the two large beds that are already there?

I have to ask this? What on earth does your MOTHER say about this?

It is all very wrong. No adult should EVER abuse his place within the family unit.

Your step-father is being difficult. Once you have exhausted all other options to correct the abuse, consider acquiring a roll-away bed or a foam mattress for yourself, especially if you think this is a long-term situation. Stay strong and do your best. Don't let anything unnerve you.

This sounds like a prologue to a story about child molestation.

Please do anything you can to avoid that outcome, for your own sake.

I suggest purchasing an air mattress. It's better to sleep on Magellan than mahogany. (IK that likely isn't gonna be the type of wood that the room is floored with, I just needed a word for wood that starts with "m" and ends with an "n" sound.

Is there any reason you couldn't go alongside your mother in her bed? Is her bed not as good? What does she have to say about the whole situation?

Sounds like he is getting tired of the situation of waiting for housing too, and wants a bed to himself, so it's easier for him to kick you out of your bed than kick mom out of hers. And unfortunately it seems to be working so he keeps doing it.

Can you push him over to one side of the bed so you can share?
I wouldn’t sleep on the floor, make him move.

Your step-father is being difficult. Once you have exhausted all other options to correct the abuse, consider acquiring a roll-away bed or a foam mattress for yourself, especially if you think this is a long-term situation. Stay strong and do your best. Don't let anything unnerve you.

Hey, I'm just lucky he's like this and not the kind of father that's drunk and abusive. I'd rather him be a jerk than be a guy that comes home drunk with his belt in his hand. I'm lucky I even have a stepfather at all.

Ok. Well, sorry he’s sometimes a jerk and sorry you don’t have your own bed.

New Threads

Top Bottom