• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stealthy moderators?

Hi Sportster, place your cursor on your name at the top of the page, in the drop-down menu it will show among many other things 'Preferences.' Click on that and read the Browsing Preferences listed. Checking or unchecking boxes, one of the options among many others is, 'show your online status' you can check or uncheck the box for this and press save. Any one can be in stealth mode or not here.

Last edited:
Hi Sportster, place your cursor on your name at the top of the page, in the drop-down menu it will show among many other things 'Preferences.' Click on that and read the Browsing Preferences listed. Checking or unchecking boxes, one of the options among many others is, 'show your online status' you can check or uncheck the box for this and press save. Any one can be in stealth mode or not here.

Is that how this works out?

Members Online Now
  1. tree,
  2. Phris Carter,
  3. Ylva
Total: 60 (members: 4, guests: 24, robots: 32)
==================================

Notice how "Members Online Now"
does not equal 'members.'

32 + 24 + 4 = 60.
But 3 ≠ 4.

So...someone is being 'stealthy'?

I thought not showing online status meant
that the little green triangle wouldn't show.
I didn't know it meant there would be no
display in the "Members Online Now."

Last edited:
Think that I noticed recently Tree, the 'do not show online status' is so your avatar is not seen by visitors or members, but it hadn't occurred that you could figure it out from the members online numbers. Cool.

Mia

It appears to be the case that people,
for some reason, choose to frequent
the forum, but remained "cloaked", as
it were.

Members Online Now
  1. tree,
  2. Nightingale121,
  3. Nitro,
  4. Kari Suttle
Total: 58 (members: 7, guests: 33, robots: 18)
===============================
In this current/at the moment example:

4 ≠ 7
===============================
I don't know how far this 'stealth' option extends.
It seems like if a person went to the Chat Room,
his/her presence would be visible? Or would it?
I don't know.

tree Just went to the chat room, you can be stealthy there as long as you don't interact. But you do show up in the numbers, as a lurker. When I unchecked the 'show online status' it showed a banner, 'You are now hidden from visitors.'

tree Just went to the chat room, you can be stealthy there as long as you don't interact. But you do show up in the numbers, as a lurker. When I unchecked the 'show online status' it showed a banner, 'You are now hidden from visitors.'

Interesting logic experiment.
Thanks.

New Threads

Top Bottom