• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Start Where You Are.

Darkkin

V.I.P Member
Finding a starting point for something positive when you are not on the same level as the Jones can seem impossible. Guess what you are not the Jones; you are you. Dr. Seuss knew this, so do you. Thusly, you are the only expert in the world on that specific topic. Start with you. Name one thing. Either neutral or positive.

I can read. Pretty simple, some might think it's stupid because it is such a basic thing, but it brings me joy. I could add more, but I'll save it.

Try it. Fifteen seconds. Positive or neutral. It is a lot harder to do than you might think because it will challenge how you think.

Last edited:
Life has obviously dealt me a bad hand but I'm not easy to roadblock and I'm not deterred or daunted by much. I'm also pretty quick to snap out of and rise above negativity.

I have done enough therapy and work on myself over the years that I am able to be somewhat stoic and optimistic even while going through some treatment currently that is unpleasant.

This is why I have such faith in our ability to work on ourselves and improve our mental health long term through getting supportive help whatever ways we can. Now I see the rewards of all my self development, I can be brave and resilient.

This guy thinks I'm a pretty decent human.

FB_IMG_1651783972241.jpg

I can walk? :eek:

This is off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that it has been Finos birthday for three straight days now... That text, "It's my birthday", has been there for a while. How do you do that Fino? :) Longest birthday ever.

This is off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that it has been Finos birthday for three straight days now... How do you do that Fino? :) Longest birthday ever.

I imagine you could change your birthday on your profile shortly before midnight the day before to get featured again. Happy birthday again Fino!

This is off-topic, but has anyone else noticed that it has been Finos birthday for three straight days now... That text, "It's my birthday", has been there for a while. How do you do that Fino? :) Longest birthday ever.

Then how old am I!? Have I aged an extra three years?? Holy moly! :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom