• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

St. Christopher, the Dog-Headed Giant

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I’m having difficulties getting into Chile, so I’m going to start a novena to St. Christopher, the patron Saint of travelers; I’ll also look into developing a devotion to him, as he’s actually a fascinating figure as Jonathan Pageau shows in the video below.

As a side note, while watching this video, I really took notice of his commentary on the Ark of Noah; I remember back when I had reverted to the Faith and downplaying the fact that I was Autistic reading a meditation on Our Lady as the Ark of Noah. The meditation actually really disturbed me because it described ferocious beasts approaching Her and Her petting them and encouraging them to take refuge under Her mantle, I didn’t realize it at the time (because I was repressing it), but that disturbed me because I felt so much like an outcast and monster because I was Autistic.
20DC19FB-1112-4DC6-ACF7-5A6B91A6EDCC.jpeg

Living Ark of the Lord, pray for us!
Saints Christopher, Thorlak and James the Greater, pray for us!

My religion would be more interesting if it had giant dog-people lol
Reminds me of the Egyptian God, Anubis. They believe Anubis was based on either a jackal, or this type of dog:

meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMifQ%3D%3D.jpg

Called a "Pharaoh Hound" for a reason. I would love to have one of these dogs someday. I love drawing them.

Reminds me of the Egyptian God, Anubis. They believe Anubis was based on either a jackal, or this type of dog:

Called a "Pharaoh Hound" for a reason. I would love to have one of these dogs someday. I love drawing them.
Very majestic looking.

I never knew St. Christopher was a dog-headed deity like Anubis.
I've always been attracted to Anubis.
Very interesting!
anubis-ransomware-main-sensorstechforum.jpg

Out of curiosity, do you know what kind of dog-breeds they actually had in ancient Egypt?

Got me curious. Had to look this up.
The Pharoh hound was around then. Maybe that was what Anubis was fashioned after.

The dog breeds of ancient Egypt were the Basenji, Greyhound, Ibizan, Pharaoh, Saluki, and Whippet and dogs are referenced in the Predynastic Period of Egypt (c. 6000-3150 BCE) through rock carvings.

From World History Encyclopedia

New Threads

Top Bottom