• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sports

Don't think I did compete. I took lessons as a group when I was younger. I did it mainly for fun and enjoyment.

I used to play alot of football, mostly non-competetive stuff but I have played for a 5 a side team (which failed :p). I was a good swimmer and I swam for my school once and I also competed in running for my house-team at school. This was 3 years ago though lol, i'd be suprised if i can even run to the end of my street anymore haha

At the risk of being horribly redundant I'm going to talk some more about my obsession with martial arts.

I started my first system,Tae Kwon Do,when I was 25,did that for about 5 years,then moved on to a system called Kenpo.

I trained in several versions of that of that system for about 18 years, earning a black belt in one of them

along the way.

I now cross train in 3 systems, Kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu and Indonisian stick and knife fighting.

I'm really doing good for a 53 year old man but I am struggling with my weight right now.

I exersize enough but controlling what I eat and drink is tough.

I s'pose I have an obsession for Parkour/Freerunning. I've been climbing things for as long as I can remember, and I love the feeling of freedom associated with finding creative ways around obstacles.

I started Jujitsu when I was quite young, but I've never really had much interest in martial arts. I know it's self-defence, but I still don't like the idea of fighting.

I don't really like sport...I'm not coordinated so it kind of ruins it. I couldn't play sports in PE very well at all, and I usually ended up injuring myself from falling over.

I like swimming, but I can't do that too well either, again because of poor coordination. But Chris is teaching me, so I'm getting better. I learnt when I was small but I've never been very good, and the huge amount of years I spent not swimming made it difficult to go again.

Driving ranges are fun, from my experience as a non-golfer lol. My friend used to work at one, so I could play as much as I wanted. The ball-collecting machine (Quad bike with a cage and plough-like thing on the front) was fun to drive too. :D

You any good? :D Got any videos?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_kQ8IXRd0
This was shot last summer. Since then I've learned to somersault on flat ground... I don't have any vids of proper parkour though 'cause when I'm doing it I'm having too much fun to worry about filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_kQ8IXRd0
This was shot last summer. Since then I've learned to somersault on flat ground... I don't have any vids of proper parkour though 'cause when I'm doing it I'm having too much fun to worry about filming.
Awesome. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom