• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spinach poll!

Spinach?

• Fresh!

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Canned!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Frozen!

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • In a salad!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • On a sandwich!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I hate all spinach!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (please specify)!

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
For the finest of green leafy substances that will not get you high, try raw spinach!

Canned and frozen spinach is nasty, though.

I usually eat it like this ;)

1669062815215.png

@Metalhead you must be eating a different kind of raw spinach than I do if it gets you high, but I like the stuff.

For the "Other", I would add that I also like it sautéed/wilted. It's also great in soups.

It was always my favourite vegetable, especially the Silver Beet variety.

I can and do eat spinach dip do not notice the bitterness. Sort of like beer battered fish cannot drink beers as too bitter.

Gave up on frozen spinach- just didn't taste good like my mom made it.
The canned spinach is okay once the salt is rinsed out in a collander.
Usually add the fresh leaves on pizza.

Fresh is perfectly fine. I have had pizza where the spinach is actually put on top of the cheese so it’s crispy, and I like that. But any other way, it’s too slimy and bitter for me.

Yes. I went the Smoothie route with raw spinach. Delish. Creamed spinach is good. Greek spinach in puff pastry is yummy. Spinach on pizza with feta cheese and red onions- perfect.

Yes, love it! It reminds me of when my mum bolied frozen egg-shaped pellets and and told us kids that they were green poached eggs. I almost believed her :)

Yes, fresh in salads and sauteed and wilted.
White pizza Bianca with spinach and tomato toppings, yum.

I have eaten canned form hot with vinegar. Not bad, but not as good as fresh.
I used to grow it in my garden when I lived in Missouri.

Generally no spinach for me. It feels too much like eating leaves.
I don’t like lettuce either for the same reason and will only eat it on sandwiches.

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but I’m one of those people who hates salad. Lol

I think I was about the only kid who actually loved spinach. At least when I moved from living with my dad to living with my mom and step dad, they thought I was joking when I asked to have spinach for dinner.

I think I was about the only kid who actually loved spinach. At least when I moved from living with my dad to living with my mom and step dad, they thought I was joking when I asked to have spinach for dinner.
Same with me but with Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and pickles. No one ever believes kids like those things lol but even as an adult I eat Brussels sprouts and pickles like they’re candy.

My dad had a small part of our yard where he planted some veggies, Brussel sprouts were amongst them. Not enough to feed us without buying some more, but I loved them, too. I don't think I knew broccoli existed back then, though. But today I love it, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom