• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spinach poll!

Spinach?

• Fresh!

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Canned!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Frozen!

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • In a salad!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • On a sandwich!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I hate all spinach!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (please specify)!

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
I grow all kinds of greens this time of year. Right now, I have a big plot of spinach, Swiss chard, turnip greens, collard greens, kale, mustard greens and various kinds of lettuce, some of which we eat nearly every day. The Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower aren't ready to pick yet.

I like spinach in all forms but one of my favorites is a spinach salad with hard boiled eggs, bacon pieces, and thin slivers of red onion. Yum!

interesting that his biceps/upper arm is very small, but his forearm is muscular. I´m no doctor, but I think that this makes no sense : D

Popeye spent hundreds of hours pumping a grip strengthener and eating spinach. :) No leg day for Popeye, only forearm day. Having big forearms is much more impressive than big biceps. Takes a lot more work, sweat and spinach to build forearms.

1669136030735.png

Last edited:
Popeye spent hundreds of hours pumping a grip strengthener and eating spinach. :) No leg day for Popeye, only forearm day.

View attachment 89282
my friend has one. I used it the first time, but instantly accomplished to do it on the highest level (40 kilo I think (when I not confuse it)). I thought about buying one, but I wonder wherefore I need force in the fingers. my friend needs that because he boulders (climbing with the fingers).

I love all spinach! When I was a little girl, we would watch Popeye and I got this terrible idea that if I ate spinach I'd be, well, like Popeye. (How awful!) Clearly, the idea did not originate with me! (What a way to tease a little kid!)

My most favorite, unusual way of having seen spinach prepared was in a crock pot spaghetti sauce that simmered all day. It had, among other things, spinach and tuna.

I know, that does not sound normal. I was told it was an old Italian recipe and ohmygoodness, it was hands down the most amazing spaghetti sauce I've ever had. The texture, smoothness, the way the flavors blended. It was amazing sauce.

I love all spinach! When I was a little girl, we would watch Popeye and I got this terrible idea that if I ate spinach I'd be, well, like Popeye. (How awful!) Clearly, the idea did not originate with me! (What a way to tease a little kid!)

My most favorite, unusual way of having seen spinach prepared was in a crock pot spaghetti sauce that simmered all day. It had, among other things, spinach and tuna.

I know, that does not sound normal. I was told it was an old Italian recipe and ohmygoodness, it was hands down the most amazing spaghetti sauce I've ever had. The texture, smoothness, the way the flavors blended. It was amazing sauce.

The old Italian recipe is interesting. I wonder if the tuna substitutes for the flavor of anchovies.

Spinach and grapefruit membranes way to bitter for me to eat, yet my wife eats grapefruits like oranges. I can now drink grapefruit juice, just a hint of bitter. tonic water don.t even talk about this stuff drank it once wow almost died immediately spit it out. Horrible stuff. I guess nature is telling me something. same with hot chilly has a biter secondary taste along with being hot sort like an undertone in colour bothers my stomach.

Last edited:
I'm naturally ultrafascinated by plants; as such, you can expect me to empty your garden if I escape into it, even of poisonous flowers. They just smell so appealing, so tasty. They call me rabbit, sheep. I eat rocket like black holes.

Spinach is one of my favorites. Being so green I recognize its nutritional value, it could be used as a supplement, but I would rather eat it as food because it tastes so good. Can I check every marker? I'm just crazy about it, it's way meatier in flavor and rich than lettuce and not as bitter as its stems and youth.

My favorite is cooked with a bechamel sauce and garlic. It tastes like green heaven with a twist of meatiness, I don't need meat with it. :yum: in fact I don't easily tolerate meat, but vegetables and leafy greens I need to have otherwise I don't feel whole.

@Metalhead you must be eating a different kind of raw spinach than I do if it gets you high, but I like the stuff.

For the "Other", I would add that I also like it sautéed/wilted. It's also great in soups.
You're supposed to put soup in the pot, not the other way 'round! :screamcat:

Forgive me, lovers of spinach, but me and mom have just been cooking these

Cheese & spinach + spinach shake with oranges and apples
IMG_20221123_203928.jpg
it's no secret that when you add cheese, it turns much more italiano

The old Italian recipe is interesting. I wonder if the tuna substitutes for the flavor of anchovies.
Ohmygoodness, I never thought of that!

When I saw all the ingredients being put together I almost got squeamish--thankfully I didn't say anything! The aroma was amazing, the taste was unforgettable. (Obviously.) Very mild & flavorful.

OK... now that is what I'm talking about!!!

Spinach is my favorite food! I like it fresh or heated in a bowl. No other ingredients. I can eat a giant bowl of it. It is so satisfying!

New Threads

Top Bottom