• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spectrum and migraine?

That's pretty accurate with few minor differences. For me the sharp pain is not optional. I know that and try to take a well-timed dose of ibuprofen to take the edge off. The 24h fatigue happens but not always. I am likely to develop a regular headache the next day.
As far as the left side of vision, I guess it can be true but my left eye is my "main" eye so it may be obscured by that fact.

My migraines usually occur in the left side of my vision. They sneak up on me. I usually start to notice when it becomes apparent my visual centre isn't functioning properly. I can still see with peripheral vision but when I try to focus on, say, something that's written down, I start to realise I'm only reading it with my right eye, while in the left there's this growing patch of weirdness.

The patch itself looks like boken windscreen glass. You know how that sort of glass beaks into thousands of tiny fragments separated by cracks, but it all stays together inside its frame? The way everything looks splintered through it? That's roughly what vision through the patch of weirdness looks like. It grows steadily, over the course of maybe an hour or so, until it covers the entirety of my left-side vision... then it's as if I pass through it somehow, as if passing through a short tunnel made of weirdness, and then normal vision is restored. As for the pain, it's sort of an optional extra. Sometimes there's a stabbing pain behind my left eye. Sometimes there's no pain at all. Always they leave me very tired. The initial effects are all over and done with inside a couple of hours, but the fatigue is a 24-hour thing.

Dunno if anyone else gets this, but that's a typical migraine for me.

I get them randomly, sometimes several times a week and others months between them. The only thing I've found that triggers them is the weather, but sometimes I get migraines even when there are no weather/pressure changes. When I get a migraine it feels like something is being stabbed into my right eye and it hurts so badly I'm not able to really do anything except curl up into a ball of agony. Sometimes I get accompanying nausea, sometimes I don't. This stage usually lasts half an hour to an hour, and then the pain spreads throughout my head, to a lesser degree, and I'm somewhat able to function. That usually lasts for the rest of the day, and then I'm typically fine when I wake up the next day. Oddly, I never get any visual stuff with my migraines.

My migraines usually occur in the left side of my vision. They sneak up on me. I usually start to notice when it becomes apparent my visual centre isn't functioning properly. I can still see with peripheral vision but when I try to focus on, say, something that's written down, I start to realise I'm only reading it with my right eye, while in the left there's this growing patch of weirdness.

The patch itself looks like boken windscreen glass. You know how that sort of glass beaks into thousands of tiny fragments separated by cracks, but it all stays together inside its frame? The way everything looks splintered through it? That's roughly what vision through the patch of weirdness looks like. It grows steadily, over the course of maybe an hour or so, until it covers the entirety of my left-side vision... then it's as if I pass through it somehow, as if passing through a short tunnel made of weirdness, and then normal vision is restored. As for the pain, it's sort of an optional extra. Sometimes there's a stabbing pain behind my left eye. Sometimes there's no pain at all. Always they leave me very tired. The initial effects are all over and done with inside a couple of hours, but the fatigue is a 24-hour thing.

Dunno if anyone else gets this, but that's a typical migraine for me.
For me the words get wobbly at first, then afterwards I start seeing streaks of light and crinkly lines. Sometimes I lose half of my sight. I once had to cycle home for an hour while half my vision was gone, so these days I only go to work on public transport.

I just had a migraine the other day, caused by stress and weather changes. It always feels like sharp pain in my occipital lobe, with pounding and pressure in my frontal lobe, accompanied by extreme sensitivity to lights and sounds. Sometimes there is nausea, but there is always fatigue and numbness in my extremities. I've found that putting pressure on both the back of my head and over my eyes, then taking a nap will alleviate the migraine, but I'll still have a nasty headache for a day or 2 afterward. No medicine helps, only sleep and pressure. Basically, I need a suspension of all sensory processing other than deep-pressure on the affected areas. I have found that if I have a migraine that badly, I may not breathe normally in my sleep. I should probably see a doc about this, but meh. I get these maybe once or 2x a month, depending on stress, hormones, weather, and ambient sensory input levels. I have had a periods of weekly or even every couple of days, but my lifestyle changes helped reduce that tremendously.

New Threads

Top Bottom