• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sorry, We're Open + No Delivery: A beautiful display of artistic creativity in the essence of VHS ho

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Horror is one of those genres of media, in movies and in gaming, that seems to be.... How could I put this.... It could be considered the "black sheep" of modern art. I am speaking on behalf of the media of gaming here, though, and while there are lots of horror works that actually do scare me quite a bit (thanks a lot, Chucky doll!), and lots of horror games that did a number on this old ticker, Until Dawn, Ultimate Custom Night (though i actually like this one), etc. My therapist has been teaching me to not be afraid of jumpscares and other horror elements, and in doing so one outlet I have found is to create my own horror works (I'm saying "horror works" because there are multiple ways to describe art media with horror elements... Heh, I'm bad at language arts :p )

While scavenging through itch.io one day ago, I came across an old favorite of mine by oates, a game made in RPG Maker MV called No Delivery.
It is a procedurally generated, roguelike CRPG with turn-based battles and such, with a cast of freakily creative characters, monsters, enemies and what I can only assume to be a literal garbage demon.

This game, and its spiritual successor, Sorry, We're Open, also made by oates, caught my eye because of one thing. This is a horror game, but it takes place not in a haunted house, not at a serial-killer ridden summer camp, not at a murderous hospital... But a pizzeria. Yes, a pizzeria, where birthday parties, game tournaments and unnecessarily traumatizing singing dancing robots can be found. The premise goes that you start a run as a randomly-generated employee of the establishment, whose position in the restaurant determines their skills and abilities, and also their stats; a security guard will have access to a gun, a waitress may opt to chuck dishes and plates at a monster, delivery boys can carry more items, etc.

The theme of horror chosen for this game is so fascinating!! So many horror media uses old, dilapidated settings, but the use of a modern, urban setting for a survival horror game... There's just so many options for creativity here, and like many, MANY things that catch my eye and stick with me for [insert indefinite length of whatever phase i'm in], my inspiration driven soul begs to latch on to the bandwagon of creativity by the mudflaps and rudders and pole-vault its way into the front seat, and lo and behold, analog horror (well, I GUESS that's the genre of horror being used here, unless it's unofficially known by some offset term like "pizzeria horror" or something lol)

The question now, is...

What would the folks down at Scout Fortress Pizza World have to say?

Hmm... Perhaps that last little tidbit could be a teaser for something?

EDIT: Whoops, thread title got cut off at the end! I don't know how to fix, sorry about that, Nitro!

THE SCOUT FORTRESS CONSPIRACY
COMING SOON TO A GOOGLE DRIVE NEAR YOU​

I actually know of this one... it's on my wishlist over on Itch. And by "wishlist" I mean "basically when I'm done playing what I'm already obsessing over"

I dunno about you but I absolutely adore these weird smaller indie horror games. Survival horror just bores me, and jumpscares do nothing unless it's in VR, so games that are just those are just... bleh (though I do like FNAF overall despite being jumpscare focused).

But stuff like this? Yes, indeed, I'll take more of that.

I seem to have a TON of games that fall into this category.

Does sound like a really cool game. I will have to see if my daughter knows about it.

...I dunno about you but I absolutely adore these weird smaller indie horror games. Survival horror just bores me, and jumpscares do nothing unless it's in VR, so games that are just those are just... bleh (though I do like FNAF overall despite being jumpscare focused).

But stuff like this? Yes, indeed, I'll take more of that.

I seem to have a TON of games that fall into this category.

Have you played OMORI, and if so, what is your opinion on it? It seems to be right in your wheelhouse. I don't mind if you dislike it, but I would be curious to know what you think about it. I think it comes out on consoles tomorrow.

Have you played OMORI, and if so, what is your opinion on it? It seems to be right in your wheelhouse. I don't mind if you dislike it, but I would be curious to know what you think about it. I think it comes out on consoles tomorrow.

I have not played that one, no. I'm aware of it though. I'll likely get to it eventually.

Haven't seen The Zombies Ate Your Brains.
Not into gaming though.

Some on-line games I like occasionally. Plants vs Zombies was fun.
Pizza horror, eh?

Is this the Pizza Zombie eating your brains?

Cesars.png

New Threads

Top Bottom