• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sometimes all you can do is laugh at yourself

Yes, that's like me doing classic thing of not being able to find my sunglasses, and all the time they are perched up on my head.
I have difficulty just looking for my normal glasses (have torn the house apart a few times) just to discover they were somewhere really obvious all along - ON MY FACE - and hadn't realised I wouldn't have been able to see properly in the first place even to look if I hadn't been wearing them

A family story that always gets mentioned when talking about funny mistakes is the one time (when I was 15 or 16) when I put a bunch of spring onions in a vase all pretty on the window ledge, because I thought they were daffodils... In my defence, we were planting daffs a few days before and I didn't realise the spring onions on the kitchen side were actually meant for a salad lunch the next day (and just not put away in the fridge)... and they did look kinda wilted as a result of being left out in the warm... But overnight in a vase? Really brought them "back to life"!

...and the number of times I've loaded the washing machine (when I *have* actually remembered to do it without being prompted first), gone back an hour later and found I didn't actually turn it on. Or that I put dirty laundry into the tumble dryer AND turned it on.

...and the number of times I've loaded the washing machine (when I *have* actually remembered to do it without being prompted first), gone back an hour later and found I didn't actually turn it on. Or that I put dirty laundry into the tumble dryer AND turned it on.
My daughter in law called me from work and asked me to put her roast in the crock pot and turn it on. I felt so bad because I just turned it to warm, so it didn't cook.

My daughter in law called me from work and asked me to put her roast in the crock pot and turn it on. I felt so bad because I just turned it to warm, so it didn't cook.
There was the time my Mum asked me to make up jelly for a trifle...
Her exact words were "pour some kettle water over the jelly cubes, stir, and pour over the fruit in the bowl" so I did just that - emptied the lukewarm (boiled over an hour ago) kettle into the jug, tried my hardest to get the jelly to dissolve, then had my mum ask me later why the bowl in the fridge was full of lumpy undissolved jelly in water.

There was the time my Mum asked me to make up jelly for a trifle...
Her exact words were "pour some kettle water over the jelly cubes, stir, and pour over the fruit in the bowl" so I did just that - emptied the lukewarm (boiled over an hour ago) kettle into the jug, tried my hardest to get the jelly to dissolve, then had my mum ask me later why the bowl in the fridge was full of lumpy undissolved jelly in water.
We do tend to take things a little too literally, don't we?

Similar things have happened to me as well. I remember wondering why something wasn't working a few yrs. back. Tried a few things, turns out it wasn't plugged in.

I have done that many time with the coffee maker. Fill it with water and put in a filter & coffee. I come back 10 min. for a MUCH needed cup of coffee, only to find that I did not turn it on.

New Threads

Top Bottom