• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something I just discovered socializing in groups.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
Now I finally understand why guys want to gather talk and hang in a group together (bromance), while girls want to gather and talk in a group together (girly).

I discovered this three times since hanging out in groups. I use to complain that I wanted to be in a group and only wanted to hang out with all girls. Well it happened. I was blessed this. I was still able to open up but there were certain topics I had to hold back and not slip up. Even with that new friend I meet from the coffee shop, she is great but there are certain things I can only tell my guy friends only.

Even yesterday dinner we endsd up breaking up into guys and girls talking independence. I was able to open up more and talk to them about adult content and things like that.

Dont get me wrong I still want to hang out with girls but not in a romantic way but now if a guy IR a guts want to hang I don't snub them like I use too.

Now I finally understand why guys want to gather talk and hang in a group together (bromance), while girls want to gather and talk in a group together (girly).

I discovered this three times since hanging out in groups. I use to complain that I wanted to be in a group and only wanted to hang out with all girls. Well it happened. I was blessed this. I was still able to open up but there were certain topics I had to hold back and not slip up. Even with that new friend I meet from the coffee shop, she is great but there are certain things I can only tell my guy friends only.

Even yesterday dinner we endsd up breaking up into guys and girls talking independence. I was able to open up more and talk to them about adult content and things like that.

Dont get me wrong I still want to hang out with girls but not in a romantic way but now if a guy IR a guts want to hang I don't snub them like I use too.
Agree. My experience, as well.

Working in healthcare, a female-dominated career path, I joke around when I say that I "swim in the estrogen ocean".;):D Like you, I can often enjoy listening in on the conversations of women. In fact, the conversations have probably made me aware of their perspectives and made me a bit more respectful and sensitive to what they may be going through. As a man, given similar situations and experiences, I experienced those quite differently than they did, and it was a good reminder of the common gender differences in how we generally think and handle everyday things in our lives. I recognized that my interactions with my wife and her perspectives on things were often similar to my female co-workers.

Now, having said that, it can be nice to have "guy conversations" with men, at times, as our perspectives on everyday things are different than many women. We generally don't elaborate on things. We tend to be much more tight-lipped about our personal lives, often to the point of being a friendly acquaintance with someone for as much as a year before it slips out this person is married, divorced, single, or has children, etc. We generally don't talk about people, but focus upon the moment, what we are doing, things we like, etc. It's an entirely different sort of interaction.

As a stand-up comic once pointed out, Two men can sit in a fishing boat for 4 hours and not say a word to each other,...but they are doing something together. Two women can sit in a coffee shop for 4 hours and never stop talking with each other,...and be doing nothing. The wife and husband come home, the wife asks, "What did you talk about?" The husband responds, "Nothing", and the wife thinks he's hiding something from her. Then the husband asks, "So, what did you two do for 4 hours?", and the wife answers, "Nothing", and the husband thinks she's hiding something from him. :D

A transformation before our very eyes! (And it's happening primarily within the confines of a church.)

Men and women should have their own spaces imo. The only place that had that for men was boarding school. I miss it. I like women but we need places to reconnect with masculinity and it's not about hoarding of power 😂

It seems to be going the other way especially as things are more complicated and the easiest compromise appears to be non segregation

Last edited:
@thejuice

This is a "rabbit hole", and it might not be a good topic for AF, so I'm keeping this brief.

* The loss of "mens' spaces" from society was intentional. I don't know if the medium-term results were expected and planned, but it's definitely possible.
* There's historical information on the objectives of the relevant organizations. It's interesting reading
* It's now known that a lack of XY-spaces is bad for XY mental health. Nobody cares OFC /lol.
* Luckily we still have XY-majority activities, and e.g. sports bar. For now.
* Online, even XY-centric video games have come under attack lately - i.e. the process hasn't stopped

Personally, I'm in favor of women's sports being open to anyone who self-identified as a woman, including XY-humans. Not because I think it's fair. It's not - the science is clear on that. But because we're evolved to learn faster and more effectively through aversion (negative stimuli) than rational discourse :)

The problem is men do not advocate for themselves or their needs. Our politicians are the worst kind of craven weaklings. No one is going to respect men and our needs until we respect ourselves and cooperate, but that seems to be systematically being thwarted.

And @Tony Ramirez yes talk to anyone who shows open body language, it's all practice, everyone has something to offer and its good for everyone involved. A bonus will be when you talk to a woman who bowls you over with their beauty you have a lot of practice to fall back on

Humans have always worked in unisex groups. It allows freer discussion of common concerns, and avoids wasting time on mating-related distractions. BC Ferries lost a boat and two passengers when a off again / on again couple were on watch. Comedians observe that women in the audience go to the restroom in groups, but guys don't go that far.
I knew a couple of bros who only had one car, so they would double date. Between the dinner and the movie, they'd have to fill the car with gas, and both would go in to buy snacks, leaving a tape recorder running under the front seat. Then, one guy would go back to the car at the theater to listen. It saved enormous amounts of wasted effort and misunderstanding. If the girls didn't like them, they'd just be polite and say goodnight. If they did, they'd plan accordingly. One time, they even switched dates to keep everyone happy.

New Threads

Top Bottom