• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Something Good Happened at Work!!!

Spinning Compass

V.I.P Member
As some of you know, I have been trying to learn some new job duties. One of them didn't work out very well, which was a real blow to my confidence. Especially as I have been struggling with my new tasks. To top it off a friend got fired who had been there a long time and he told another person before it happened that he thought he was being set up to fail. So I've been a bit paranoid. Last week was especially discouraging as I was being thrown into tasks I hadn't been trained for adequately, and naturally these were all projects that were all behind so the pressure was really on. I thought about going to my supervisor but I thought I've already been talked to in the past about complaining and I am really trying to turn over a new leaf (even if it is fake) and not let things get to me.

Anyway when I came back to work Monday I got an e-mail from my supervisor that she had gotten from the person who was training me. The e-mail said that I was doing a wonderful job picking up on all the new tasks and that I truly was an asset to the department. Let me tell you that has made my day! Here I was so discouraged thinking I was in trouble when actually the opposite was the case!

So you see sometimes good things come to those who wait. I am glad I didn't go into the supervisor now because it would have spoiled everything.

Glad to hear things are going surprisingly good, Compass. I was always told, "If you do something good your boss wont notice, but when you do something bad he can tell from a mile away" looks like you proved that wrong

That is brilliant, Spinning Compass! I am very happy for you. Having a "win" once in a while can do wonders for your morale. Congratulations for being honored for all of your hard work and accomplishments!

That's fantastic! That must have made you feel all gooey inside like a nice cookie. I am glad that what you thought was gonna happen wasn't. A real confidence booster if I say so. Congrats on the the accomplishments.

New Threads

Top Bottom