• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Society is insane...

People worship celebrities who are the most boring, neurotic and vacuous amongst us.

People also take selfies, and there are cameras and equipment made just for the purpose. People have died taking selfies.

Last edited:
People don't want what they need. They need what they want!
Want jobs back? Teach the Chinese, Mexicans, Vietnamese, and others the value of labor unions. As for the unfortunates unable to provide for themselves due to the 1/2 percent; "Let them eat cake".

What a great business plan that was.

"What do we want to be known for? What unique position out of all the infinite possibilities should we choose?"

" err, chocolate and CDs? "

"Brilliant! We'll make a fortune!"

But make sure the cds are in no particular order whatsoever....

That's my memory of woolies

But make sure the cds are in no particular order whatsoever....

That's my memory of woolies

Yeah, I remember Woolies from my childhood whenever my mum used to take me and my siblings shopping around Hull on Saturday.

As a kid I always remember going straight to the sweets and toys aisles whenever we went in Woolworths and there was always loads of prams outside.
Heck, they even mention the prams in the song "Hessle Road" - a song about one of Hull's most famous streets.

Here's the lyrics if you're interested:

CHORUS: Hessle Road, Hessle Road, I am proud of Hessle Road.
When folks ask where I come from, my head it is not bowed.
I say I come from good old Hessle Road.

I miss the bonfires in the street. I even miss the bullies,
Sat'day trips round Boyeses and the prams outside of Woolie's.
I miss those bobbers' clogs at two, that very fishy smell,
Langham and Eureka and Picky Park as well.

CHORUS

I miss those little gardens with sooty coloured roses,
Little kids with wellies on, with yellow snotty noses.
I miss those shotgun weddings, those little corner shops,
Playing football in the street and getting chased by cops.

CHORUS

I miss those brave young fisher kids, coming home to shore,
Spending all their money, then going back for more.
I even miss Criterion—a very quiet pub—
And a little lass from Subway Street our kid put in the club.

CHORUS

I miss Sat'days at the Boulevard. we always used to win,
With the Drake twins, Tommy Harris, Mick Scott and Tommy Finn,
Loose forward Johnny Whiteley—the finest in the land—
And the best-behaved supporters, they were there on Threepenny Stand.

CHORUS

There was Havelock and Gillett Street, West Dock and Boulevard.
They're pulling them all down now. It's hitting people hard.
They've left it all behind them, and on to Bransholme strode,
But I bet they don't forget the laughs and tears on Hessle Road.

CHORUS

I remember what me dad said, when I was leaving home
To fend for meself and start a family of my own.
He said, "I brought you up, son, but nowt to me is owed.
Just remember where you come from. You're a kid from Hessle Road."

CHORUS

My brother says it's a bad thing that I 'have no grasp on reality.' Why would I want to?

Maybe it's because you have a grasp of reality and the NT's can't handle it.

Hell dare you refer to reality- it only causes problems.
Let's live in this world where we say one thing and mean other instead, that's much better.
The fictional world where every effort in society must be made to avoid admitting it's a convention.
In the fairy tale...
Society is the emperor while we are the little boy saying 'but he's got no clothes on.

Something like that...

I always get in trouble for making brutally honest and at times very horrifying comments. No one can ever say that what I said was wrong, but they don't like me saying it.

Yesterday I read a message from an autistic IG, "Austism is not a sintax error, is a different operating system", I don't want to sound like a "asperger supremacist" (that's bs and wrong) but I would add that we're operating on Linux in a world built in Windows, and depending of the country it may be Vista.

Windows is STILL the most popular OS!

How can this be?

After Vista?
After 8?

Even 10 is pretty horrible.

Oh yeah, people can't afford a Mac and are scared of Linux, and don't know what a Chrome book is.

New Threads

Top Bottom