• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Social Media, who else doesn't trust it?

I gave up on Fazecrook when I got tired of debunking every single must share item that was passed along with no research. We live in some pretty lame times.

I gave up on Fazecrook when I got tired of debunking every single must share item that was passed along with no research. We live in some pretty lame times.

One of my favourite things to do on facebook is debunk things for people stupid enough to just share things without a second look. My sister has friend who shares things without having even given it a first look! She is frequently called out in the comments on such posts and then says "oh I didn't actually read it" o_O:rolleyes:

One thing that always puzzles me about social media is the presumption many make that everyone is just dying to hear about the routine and mundane lives of others.

They aren't. I know I'm not. But when people post something truly meaningful to them and others, that may be different.

One of my favourite things to do on facebook is debunk things for people stupid enough to just share things without a second look. My sister has friend who shares things without having even given it a first look! She is frequently called out in the comments on such posts and then says "oh I didn't actually read it" o_O:rolleyes:
I think one of my most memorable ones was about dioxins leaching out of plastic water bottles left on a car seat in the hot sun. "Yeah,huh,it has to be true cuz it was featured on the Ellen Show with Cheryl Crow backing up the findings"

Now there's a pair of rocket scientists :p

Give me a break,dioxins are never used in any plastics and about the only way a consumer can come in contact with them is if they take a power transformer off an electric pole and ate it for dinner :D

Last edited:
I rely on social media to keep in touch with friends that live far away and to promote my business locally, but not as a news source. Although I read articles that are shared on Facebook sometimes, I always check whether they're from a reputable source, otherwise I just don't bother. Most of the people sharing fake news are ignored on my timeline anyway.

One thing that always puzzles me about social media is the presumption many make that everyone is just dying to hear about the routine and mundane lives of others.

They aren't. I know I'm not. But when people post something truly meaningful to them and others, that may be different.
14907084_1122620474511959_1620431898431400672_n.png

That is a lot of fun :D. I just stopped doing it because a lot of people refuse to listen to logic and hard facts and would rather believe random articles without being able to give one solid reason why.

I really have to watch how bad I trash others who hang out on social media.
In nearly three years of being here,I have only logged off about six times...

That is a lot of fun :D. I just stopped doing it because a lot of people refuse to listen to logic and hard facts and would rather believe random articles without being able to give one solid reason why.

Ugh. I'm grateful there are those who tirelessly challenge lies and misinformation. As for me, with apologies to Camus, I can't always imagine Sisyphus as happy...

mf3nlqN.jpg

Although, there is something to be said for job security.

Never take any attempts of solicitation over the internet seriously unless you know the person behind.

Social media is what people make of it.

It has the potential to become a vehicle for good...
I mean it's a great tool for people to express themselves.
It's even better for political activism (like what is going on now)!

I never had Facebook and don't intend to get it,social media never really appealed to me and it would just stress me out.

I never had Facebook and don't intend to get it,social media never really appealed to me and it would just stress me out.

I hate to be picky, but technically this forum is a form of social media.

And so is every other forum on the Net.

I hate to be picky, but technically this forum is a form of social media.

And so is every other forum on the Net.

Any online source allowing interaction with others can be construed as a form of socialization and social media. That's obvious.

At least here there's a practical element in play if one chooses to use it as a resource for learning more about being on the spectrum through sharing and communicating with others. A dynamic you won't find on just any website forum. Especially if you factor in the mathematical disparity of NTs to Aspies.

This place has a more positive "vibe" than others. A significant difference, IMO.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom