• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So Much Difficulty With Normal Functioning Due to Rigidity, Inflexibility, Etc.

If a female kept touching me at work, I would assume either she wants to be my mother or my lover. (Most likely the former. Curses!) If other people think it is ok, maybe that means to the other people at work you are in some way a child.

I wouldn't advise touching them back the same way. That could get you a sexual harassment rap.

Hmm, this is interesting info. I personally believe it was the psychiatric drugs they put me on my whole life that made me this way...None of those drugs are good for your mind. Ya know, it's interesting you say that autistic people are better at certain things. Don't all people have interests, though? What are your thoughts on this?

Well since I was five I was very interested in science, from palaeontology to astronomy, I watched every documentary back in the 90' in the Discovery Channel and Beakman World, I have Asperger, that make me very good in discovering patterns, seeing little details that most people miss and have a very good memory (not perfect, but very good), the downside is, and I love learning about most everything, that I am socially incompetent, that added with a facial deformity that took four surgeries to correct make the the outcast of the outcasts in high-school, also, some emotions are aliens to me like love, hell, today my mother ask me I love by baby cousin, and I couldn't answer, I try to deflect the question, because I couldn't answer sincerely, because now I take care of him in the morning, a real chore for someone like me, because my baby cousin is chaos impersonated and I hate chaos, I like a very structured routine, very rigid about that, but because my family is mostly dysfunctional, and worse of all, most of my family actually not understand what Asperger is, sure, one of my cousin also have autism, a greater degree that I do, but in his case is more visible, in my case I didn't found out that I have Asperger until I reached adulthood.

If a female kept touching me at work, I would assume either she wants to be my mother or my lover. (Most likely the former. Curses!) If other people think it is ok, maybe that means to the other people at work you are in some way a child.

I wouldn't advise touching them back the same way. That could get you a sexual harassment rap.

Is a miracle that you let be yourself to be touched, having autism in some degree, make you very uncomfortable with physical contact, affectionate or not, when I was a teenager I hate when people hug me or try to give me a kiss in the check, even that I still socially inept, I tolerate kiss in the check, even that I still hate being hug.

Well since I was five I was very interested in science, from palaeontology to astronomy, I watched every documentary back in the 90' in the Discovery Channel and Beakman World, I have Asperger, that make me very good in discovering patterns, seeing little details that most people miss and have a very good memory (not perfect, but very good), the downside is, and I love learning about most everything, that I am socially incompetent, that added with a facial deformity that took four surgeries to correct make the the outcast of the outcasts in high-school, also, some emotions are aliens to me like love, hell, today my mother ask me I love by baby cousin, and I couldn't answer, I try to deflect the question, because I couldn't answer sincerely, because now I take care of him in the morning, a real chore for someone like me, because my baby cousin is chaos impersonated and I hate chaos, I like a very structured routine, very rigid about that, but because my family is mostly dysfunctional, and worse of all, most of my family actually not understand what Asperger is, sure, one of my cousin also have autism, a greater degree that I do, but in his case is more visible, in my case I didn't found out that I have Asperger until I reached adulthood.
You sound like an interesting person to me. I have lots of rigidity in my behavior, and so do most people, for that matter. Not like you or I do, but I wouldn't get down on yourself about anything. The world is effe'd, people are effe'd. Accept yourself, and don't compare yourself to others and do not live in the past!!! I did it for SO long. You're still great today. Forget your past. If ya ever wanna talk I'm here.

New Threads

Top Bottom