• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So I'm doing art now, sorta

IKWUSNs.jpg

So I was gonna draw a portrait of my nephew but that was too hard and I have no idea what I'm doing so instead here's whatever this is. Took freaking forever.

Holly.jpg

OH MY FREAKING GOOOOOOD THIS TOOK SO BLOODY LONG TO DO

*ahem*

Okay so yeah I was hit with like, multiple bursts of inspiration all at once. Time to try my hand at character creation.

Artstyle is very heavily inspired by a show called Ruby Gloom. I'd been looking for different artstyles to try and emulate, but was having a hard time finding something that seemed like my sort of thing. But I've found two that I like: This one, and also the sort of style used in Dont Starve. That bit, well, I will be mixing that into this. I'll get to that momentarily.

But also, the other thing is that I want to try to create some characters that I can actually continuously use... ones I can stick with, and generally do stuff with. Stories? I'm not 100% sure. I have a big and probably overly difficult plan related to this, but I'm not going to speak of that yet. I'm not sure I can do it, more research is needed. There will be screaming.

Anyway, I've decided that her name is Holly. That name holds some meaning for me, so that's the reason. Well, not that it makes sense out of context, but whatever. Holly.

Holly will have two states. What is shown here is a sort of "bright mode".

I'll draw the "shade" version in a day or two when my sanity returns. Her name changes to "Hollow" in that state. A bit of the Dont Starve style will be injected in to create that (probably). I already know exactly what I want to do for that version of her... just a matter of actually doing it. But I dont think it'll be quite as hard to draw as that one up there. Maybe. I hope.

Also I nearly went mad trying to draw those eyes. I hate circles.

How do professional artists do this stuff without falling into utter insanity?

Lastly, I think it's about time I sought out my drawing tablet... blasted gizmo must be around here somewhere.

My hand hurts.

Last edited:
View attachment 65579

So I was gonna draw a portrait of my nephew but that was too hard and I have no idea what I'm doing so instead here's whatever this is. Took freaking forever.
This vaguely reminds me of the Japanese Sonic the Hedgehog covers back in the Genesis days with all of it's bright, rainbow-y colors on white backgrounds and pure geometric shapes.

See 7:31 on the video below.

@Misery

Just keep doing it, keep learning how to do better, look up any possible tutorials on Youtube, etc... Just keep doing it

Doing art itself is an excellent therapy on a personal level

One friend of mine, in this year of Covid, started sketching and finds it to be a stress reliever, just take simple moments and slow down

New Threads

Top Bottom