• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So how many fellow programmers are here?

Nah,

I disagree on that. I can do loads, if not more than what wondows has to offer. And 99% of programs are supported on Mac now (with the exception of Fruity Loops!)
Though we not going to come to an agreement, Apple does not meet my needs in life. It might for you and others but not me.

I wish I was a programmer. I want nothing more in life than to make a career change into the IT field. I'm teaching myself coding and exploring all options. I went into the city yesterday just going around to tech companies and looking for answers. I will sweep the floors if it would get me started. I don't have a degree and my resume looks terrible. All I have is hard labor and waiting experience. I have always been pretty computer literate. I have had access to computers my whole life and easily understood them. I have taught myself a lot about them just by researching problems and troubleshooting my own. I think it is the best career path for me to take but feel as though I will never get a chance. I could be a great sales person or programmer once I expand my knowledge. I'm tired of just having a job and want a career I can really be excited to go to every morning. I bet you guys are living the dream.

If you choose to go down the web root, let me know, I would be more than happy to help you out :) also, there are great websites that can help you get started. YouTube being one of them. What kind of programming are you interested in?

Pete

I'm sort of more into computer programming with Python, C and C++ but have tried both JS and PHP. I guess you could say that when I get stuck with one language, I sort of go the other and learn it for a while :/ I guess I have problems with being challenged.

Both Python and C/C ++ are the ones I have the most experience with and I'm most experienced in HTML. I was thinking of either starting a network or home computer security company or get into gaming.

I also wanted to start a little project that's basically an open sourced Final Fantasy-cloned game engine that anyone could make a game for without it being Final Fantasy. I've been thinking about the mechanics that went into the FF system and how I could improve or make it a little more interesting. Believe it or not, I believe this series also inspired many other big named games like the Pokemon series for the Nintendo handheld consoles. They sort of have the same mechanics.

I started codecademy and finished hamlet and c's. I'm almost done with JavaScript and did a little ruby to see what it was like. I also am working on udemy's complete web developer course

Codecademy looks really good, I had a play around with their iPhone app a while back. Never done a proper course with them. Wonder if treehouse are just as good?

It has its flaws. It's more like an interactive textbook for the language. You can pass a lesson without really achieving the desired results. It's a fun way to familiarize yourself with the language. I plan to finish all of their courses so that I might start building my own subject matter for a portfolio.

I'm into computer programming. Ruby is my favorite language because it's easy to use. I learned it on codecademy.com.

Have you looked at tools like Phone Gap and Cordova? You can write apps in JavaScript and then export the code to all mobile phone platforms without having to make separate versions in differerent languages.

Apache Cordova
PhoneGap | Home
AppGyver

I haven't used them, but was researching it a while ago. They look interesting...
I don't believe in hybrid apps. I only build native apps. While building my business plan, I found this article why Facebook abandoned their hybrid app and built natively instead .

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Hybrid apps lag a lot. I try stay away from Cordova and Phonegap
Yup. That why I have that Facebook article in my business plan. So much research I did while starting to build my business. When I start building an app, I use prototype software such as Proto.io . It allow me to show the customer the felling of the finish app before I write code. I meet many develops and show them a sample and they are very impress. They wished they know about the software sooner as they would have been able to fire up a mock-up design faster.

The only thing which keeps me on Windows from time to time is the Adobe suite of creative programs.

New Threads

Top Bottom