• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So, hello.

Tourist

Firstly, curious why my previous thread was deleted. Just want to know the reason why, PM would be really nice.

I still believe (just an opinion), that 'apsies' can help other people, at least those, who pay a lot of attention to details, that other pass as insignificant.

Now, I'm curious, if the things I typed above are just because I'm searching for help myself. Hard to say, since when I got too deep into that, I'm getting confused of who's projecting what and who's reflecting it. Might be because, I was in an abusive friendship for a long time and this is my weird way of healing and getting over it.

As for me in general, been to psychiatrist, got put a label of bipolar/schizoid.
But since I can relate to 'aspies' in a lot of ways, decided to swing by this forum.

Though there's a theory that my abuser had autism and I have just taken on some traits I wouldn't want to.

See? As I said - confusing.

Welcome to the world of the aspie :)

We have a few here who are not in the spectrum,but it is a very complicated item that often gets misdiagnosed by some professionals who do not understand it.

Autism is not something you can catch,but more in line with a developmental disorder you are born with...many here report being bipolar and schizoid and many other symptoms with autism.
Labels are the worst part of autism in my opinion along with many other parts of brain disorders that are not understood.

I hope you find what you are looking for here in our friendly helpful arena.

Though there's a theory that my abuser had autism and I have just taken on some traits I wouldn't want to.
I'm familiar with the concept of folie à deux, but I've never heard of autism working that way. (Note: I am not a medical professional.)

Anyway, welcome.

I'm familiar with the concept of folie à deux, but I've never heard of autism working that way. (Note: I am not a medical professional.)

Anyway, welcome.

Me neither, so I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like that, since it's hard to be objective when describing yourself.

Welcome

Sorry, not too sure why your previous thread was deleted, as I did not see it myself. The only reason moderators would generally do so is if they feel it violates the forum rules.

As for being in a relationship with an abusive friend, perhaps I have a theory that may be helpful. It's only a hunch, but I've had first hand experience of this, and so feel I may be right. Perhaps try looking in to Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as well as victims of Narcissism.

Here's a brief example: Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist | After Narcissistic Abuse

Hope that's helpful

Welcome

Sorry, not too sure why your previous thread was deleted, as I did not see it myself. The only reason moderators would generally do so is if they feel it violates the forum rules.

As for being in a relationship with an abusive friend, perhaps I have a theory that may be helpful. It's only a hunch, but I've had first hand experience of this, and so feel I may be right. Perhaps try looking in to Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as well as victims of Narcissism.

Here's a brief example: Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist | After Narcissistic Abuse

Hope that's helpful

This is what I've been looking for. Thank you very much!

New Threads

Top Bottom