• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

so excited to do something obsess over it

Jay M.

has anyone else experienced this? If I really want to do something like I really wanted to talk to my sister, I will get so antsy and obsess over doing that one thing and think about it, and want to go do that thing now. Its not like I want to play video games, I have a lot of built up energy all day because of this. Its like Im a puppy who wants to go on a walk and is like bouncing around and has so much energy cant contain it. (I dont bounce around at all though).

Yes, that happens to me. But it is not always something I want to do, but have to do, and I don't want to. Procrastination makes it worse.

Always when I think about it. If I got an idea it will usually turn into a "project" where I'd think about little else until I completed it. Then on to the next "project" that came into my head. As a youngster this pattern permeated my life, though I look back on it as mostly a positive thing.

As an adult though I learned how critical it can be to "juggle" work rather than work from beginning to end on any one single project.

New Threads

Top Bottom