• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Simpsons moments you can relate to

Misty Avich

I'm just angry
V.I.P Member
The Simpsons is very popular and I assume a lot of people here watch it. I'm a fan, and I often come across a moment on the Simpsons that I can relate strongly to.

One is in the season 3 episode Homer At The Bat where Mr Burns is telling Homer all these body signals he'll gesture to Homer when he bats, and in his head he thinks "oh no, I have no idea what he is saying" instead of just listening, then his mind trails off on to food. That's exactly what my mind often does when someone is explaining something complicated to me. My mind just tells me it doesn't understand what the other person is saying then it wonders off lol.

There was another Simpsons moment I relate to that I thought about the other day but I've forgotten what it is now. When I remember I'll post it here.

Do you have any Simpsons moments that you relate to?

Yes.
When Homer points out the big possum and says "I call the big one Bitey."

This was what I frequently paraphrased when I
was talking to the smaller kitten I have, the first
couple months. "I call this one Bitey."

I love this post and my relatable simpsons moments would definitely be homers brain lol. This clip sums it up.

I think it was in "Bart Gets An F" where Mrs Krabappel is lecturing Bart and all he hears is a distorted-sounding "Blah blah blah blah". Later, the same thing happens to Homer.

The Simpsons is very popular and I assume a lot of people here watch it. I'm a fan, and I often come across a moment on the Simpsons that I can relate strongly to.

One is in the season 3 episode Homer At The Bat where Mr Burns is telling Homer all these body signals he'll gesture to Homer when he bats, and in his head he thinks "oh no, I have no idea what he is saying" instead of just listening, then his mind trails off on to food. That's exactly what my mind often does when someone is explaining something complicated to me. My mind just tells me it doesn't understand what the other person is saying then it wonders off lol.

There was another Simpsons moment I relate to that I thought about the other day but I've forgotten what it is now. When I remember I'll post it here.

Do you have any Simpsons moments that you relate to?
My Simpson's moment is anything ending with Homer saying "DOH!"

I relate to this a few times a day at least

IMG_2072.png

I wonder if I have a crayon up my nose? It could explain quite a bit....

I used to joke that Homer was my idol. I should watch what I say because now I look a fair bit like him.

There are so many favorites in that show- I guess one would be when Bart is a foreign-exchange student and is away from the family for awhile. With a capable foreign exchange student is part of the Simpson family, things go well. Homer comments "well, I guess we know which cylinder wasn't firing!"

Another fav would be when Bart and Lisa try to achieve something and it doesn't go well. Homer: "Kids, you tried and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."

When apu sings:
Who needs the quicky mart, I DOOOOO

And homer says: he lied to us through song I hate it when people do that.
I just think the second part is funny.
I relate to Lisa a lot just her love of music, her love of ethical things and the planet and her kind, intelligent heart.

Somehow I wake up some days feeling like a combination of Mr Burns and Ralph Wiggum. Mostly Ralph.

New Threads

Top Bottom