• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shy new member- Tara Gwen

Tara Gwen

Hi, I really don,t know what to say. I like Wetherspoons pubs since they have no recorded music or blaring television. Waitrose supermarkets tend to be free of recorded music. I find most environments too noisy which overstimulates me. I often feel awkward with people. What to say? I like the music of J.S. Bach. Beethoven, Shostakovich, Mahler. Also the songs of Diana Ross and the Supremes. Do I sound very boring?

Not at all. I dabble in listening to a little bit of classical. I can't name you the pieces of music but I have a small selection of classical music I've found on the web on my computer. It's nice to have in you just want to go to a mellow state of mind.

I'm not bothered by music in supermarkets in a sensory sense but I do get annoyed by the guy in the Sainsbury's, the announcements they have. I don't know what it is about it, the guy just sounds to automated for me.

Hi, I really don,t know what to say. I like Wetherspoons pubs since they have no recorded music or blaring television. Waitrose supermarkets tend to be free of recorded music. I find most environments too noisy which overstimulates me. I often feel awkward with people. What to say? I like the music of J.S. Bach. Beethoven, Shostakovich, Mahler. Also the songs of Diana Ross and the Supremes. Do I sound very boring?
You seem quite normal to me; I don't think you'll ruffle any feathers here.

Although sometimes I find Beethoven a little much. Ever since I heard a pianist say that Chopin was kind to a player's hands, I've been a huge fan; his music can settle me down when all else fails.

i understand what you mean about pubs with music on,i have to wear my earplugs with industrial standard ear defenders over the top if im to aproach a pub/bar with music on.

i like classical to-its very calming isnt it or do you find it more stimulating than calming?,i prefer the modern retake classical like vanessa mae,and also bought a cd around christmas which was mixed live by a world renowned house DJ called pete tong-he was playing with a full orchestra and they turned old and modern house music tunes into classical.

i prefer waitrose to,its quieter and the people who use it dont push and shove me or treat me like ive just escaped from the local pyschiatric establishment and point,stare and laugh with their kids,i get that at my local asda,tesco and aldi.

so,welcome to AC tara,i hope you become a regular.

Yes, Bach,s organ music I was exposed to from age 7, and even at age 14 it was still my main musical influence. It reaches deep into my emotions and also reassures me. The noise of the world I live in is too much. Sitting in a forest, or walking towards a mountain is so much quieter. Tara Gwen.

You seem quite normal to me; I don't think you'll ruffle any feathers here.

Although sometimes I find Beethoven a little much. Ever since I heard a pianist say that Chopin was kind to a player's hands, I've been a huge fan; his music can settle me down when all else fails.

Beethoven can be quite noisy, though his lovely "Moonlight Sonata", is gentle and reassuring. In his "Pathetique Sonata", after the opening crashing chords, it soon begins to settle down into a most beautiful serene rondo. Some of my own inner conflicts and dissonances I find reflected in Beethoven,s music. In Symphony no.3, in the 2nd movement is a very sad march, which then becomes progressively transformed into a march of joy by the 4th and final movement. I find hope in that. Chopin has some lovely music, I used to have a vinyl record of Moura Lymphony or some such name, playing beautifully his piano music. Tara Gwen.

Chopin's nocturnes are among some of my favorite pieces of music, so melancholy yet so beautiful. they bring tears to my eyes.

I recently heard Mahler,s Symphony no. 2 which did bring tears to my eyes and it lifted my mood. It acknowledges suffering, refuses despair and ends utterly wonderfully. I am not aware of many people who are moved to tears by music, so am glad to read of your musical sensitivity. Tara Gwen.

I love Pachelbel's Canon in D major and also Rachmaninov's 18th variation on a theme of Paganini. Debussy is one of my faves, his Gymnopedie No 1 is so evocative.

I am very sensitive to certain classical pieces. :cool:

Welcome! You don't sound boring at all. Summing yourself up in a quick introduction post is very forced and artificial so I think writing what you want is the way to go. Seems good to me!

New Threads

Top Bottom