• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I try to get my Aspie back?

He probably felt awkward, since you are a student, but, yes, that is a little sad.
(the reason I marked your post as funny was because of that story about the problem...)

I just don't know what happened. I even sent him a couple naughty emails - I was at work and telling him it was lunchtime and I always brought some sort of canned pasta because it was easy to take. I said I was having Chef Boyardee and that "I really liked his jumbo spaghetti and meatballs". Oops! I didn't realize what I had said until it was already sent! :rolleyes:
I actually was eating the jumbo spaghetti and meatballs. I'm innocent! I swear! He's probably never had a student like me. :p

That's too bad if he doesn't say something. Nothing can happen out of that.

You know I saw my college algebra teacher on the last day of school this week (he's the one that made me come to this site thinking he had Asperger's) and I was looking right at him but he could not even look at me. He walked past and had his head turned to the wall. I know he liked me cause he just did too many things for me that no teacher would do. I know he probably couldn't say or do anything anyway because I'm a student, but still. It's just such a waste. I still remember this funny thing that happened in class when he said there was this problem he wasn't going to explain because no one had asked him to explain it the whole day, so I just went ahead and said "Could you explain that please?" He reminded me of an Aspie because he actually went through the whole problem (in depth) to the point that none of us understood it and it took like 10 minutes! He was having a little problem figuring it out at one point, but he was not going to stop until he figured it out - he didn't care if it took the whole class! It was like he was in his own little world when he was doing it. Good times. He would answer all my emails within 5 min - even at night! I mean like at 1am! No matter what time of day, he was there and answered my emails. I sent 245 emails. :rolleyes: He had to have liked me. I just don't understand it. My friend Julia said it sounded like he's just too shy. What a waste. :(

My best friend had teacher in her community college. Years later she ran into him at the gym and he asked her out. She was kinda weirded out by it at first but she went out with him. They're married now … so you never know!!

Plumeria, I have the greatest respect for your patience and persistence - sounds like you've gotten some really positive signs from this guy! I'm excited for you and hope the best!!

I fear my insecurity fights with my patience most times and makes me blind to what my AS "partner" is feeling or trying to express, but I'm trying to learn! Your experience and several of the other threads on this site have been so incredibly helpful.

Patience is something I learned over time … I use to have very little but I realized, why back myself into a wall and make a decision especially when I was emotional? Most of the times you dont need to make a decision… just let time take its course :) Im glad my post has helped you, AC has helped me a lot also! We'll see what happens with my ex and thank you so much!

Patience is something I learned over time … I use to have very little but I realized, why back myself into a wall and make a decision especially when I was emotional? Most of the times you dont need to make a decision… just let time take its course :) Im glad my post has helped you, AC has helped me a lot also! We'll see what happens with my ex and thank you so much!

Better get to bed and get you some beauty rest! So you'll be bushy tailed and bright eyes in the morning! ;)

Well? I want to know what happened!!!!!!! (I'm Miss Impatience - right now anyway)

Well? I want to know what happened!!!!!!! (I'm Miss Impatience - right now anyway)

I'm typing from my cell phone so please excuse any typos. No, I didn't see him. His sister told me that she didn't want to ambush me by bringing him out and putting us on the spot. She said she didn't tell him I was the one picking her up. I'm not sure if she said that to spare my feelings - maybe she did tell him and he didn't want to come out? - I don't know. She said he was busy getting ready in the bathroom when she left. I have mixed feelings, it would of been nice to see him but I'm also happy I didn't see him because I kinda want to see him when he wants to see me, not just cause he has to see me.

The good news is she is encouraging me to reach out to him more. The bad news is, I told her that I've been afraid to reach out because he might be dating someone else, and she didn't say he wasn't :( I can't assume but it's so hard not to...

I still have to contact him about the dogs vaccine record and documents he needs to pick up her license so I will text him today :/

My heart has been beating out of my chest since yesterday... and I have no appetite.

I'm typing from my cell phone so please excuse any typos. No, I didn't see him. His sister told me that she didn't want to ambush me by bringing him out and putting us on the spot. She said she didn't tell him I was the one picking her up. I'm not sure if she said that to spare my feelings - maybe she did tell him and he didn't want to come out? - I don't know. She said he was busy getting ready in the bathroom when she left. I have mixed feelings, it would of been nice to see him but I'm also happy I didn't see him because I kinda want to see him when he wants to see me, not just cause he has to see me.

The good news is she is encouraging me to reach out to him more. The bad news is, I told her that I've been afraid to reach out because he might be dating someone else, and she didn't say he wasn't :( I can't assume but it's so hard not to...

I still have to contact him about the dogs vaccine record and documents he needs to pick up her license so I will text him today :/

My heart has been beating out of my chest since yesterday... and I have no appetite.

I'll just see what happens when you text him today before I say anything.

A pity we don't have any of the male Aspie members on this site chiming into this conversation. They can be pretty funny. (I'm Aspie too, but sometimes us Aspie girls are a little different than the guys ;) )

Hi Okay, but if we lived closer together you would owe me a peck on the cheek. Speaking for my self as a auspie, courting us is about a delicate a affair as romantic relations between porcupines. We are chickens most of the time, and barely see you girls the rest of the time as we wonder around in our little worlds. So soft non threatening persistence is usually required to get things going, that means gentle engagement. Courting is even more difficult as we spook as easily as unicorns. Boiling a frog is the best way to describe it, if you don't turn on the stove you'll never get dinner. But if you turn up the heat too high too fast dinner will run away. If you keep things in a low stress environment, that means less strange people and stuff on dates, and move slowly on life changes and stuff, than a (change, people,) over lode, melt down is less likely. Happy hunting girls! :) This means if you want a date ask softly and go somewhere he's comfortable.
And I have given Plum too much advice already in other venues Good luck! Plum

Last edited:
I'll just see what happens when you text him today before I say anything.

Ok… so I texted him that I have the documents he needs to pick up the dog license and he needs to get the license before the 27th. He replied "Ok thank you." His sister told me that the dog had a very bad skin rash last month so I texted him again and asked if the dog is okay now. He then proceeded to tell me what happened to the dog and then texted me 4 pictures of the various stages of the rash. I replied "Poor baby :( Im glad she is better now." Then I texted "I miss her." Then I asked if he has any idea how it happened, and he explained how he doesnt know and how it was discovered. He said that she is much better.

Then I texted "I heard the doctors at work really like you and gave you a $100 gift card to a baking store :) Did you make the peanut butter cookies?" He replied that he's been baking and bringing stuff to his work and that he got some orders already (we use to bake a lot together, all his recipes are my secret recipes that I taught him). I asked him what they ordered. He replied "cupcakes" then continued to text me how he's perfected one of the recipes. I said "Thats great! I'll have to try next time, thanks for the tip :) "

Then he asked "When should I pick up the paperwork?" And I replied "Whatever works for you, just let me know" -- And he hasn't replied yet. Pretty good I'd say? I was surprised that he texted me so much, my coworker thinks he really wants to talk to me/misses me. I dont know, but we'll see what happens. I'm happy that he was replying and being very open with me, he could of easily just kept his answers short… right? Ugh. I've been so anxious, I haven't eaten all day!

Last edited:
A pity we don't have any of the male Aspie members on this site chiming into this conversation. They can be pretty funny. (I'm Aspie too, but sometimes us Aspie girls are a little different than the guys ;) )
Well, while I am male yet consider myself gender-fluid, I feel my opinions here might be rather unwelcome. Blunt? Yes. Truthful? Also yes.

Really, though, I don't have anything of value to offer. I've been trying to follow this thread, but it's proven convoluted and confusing. So anything I say would be irrelevant anyway. :p

No need to. From what I've read here, I'd say you're doing just fine without us. ;)

Ok… so I texted him that I have the documents he needs to pick up the dog license and he needs to get the license before the 27th. He replied "Ok thank you." His sister told me that the dog had a very bad skin rash last month so I texted him again and asked if the dog is okay now. He then proceeded to tell me what happened to the dog and then texted me 4 pictures of the various stages of the rash. I replied "Poor baby :( Im glad she is better now." Then I texted "I miss her." Then I asked if he has any idea how it happened, and he explained how he doesnt know and how it was discovered. He said that she is much better.

Then I texted "I heard the doctors at work really like you and gave you a $100 gift card to a baking store :) Did you make the peanut butter cookies?" He replied that he's been baking and bringing stuff to his work and that he got some orders already (we use to bake a lot together, all his recipes are my secret recipes that I taught him). I asked him what they ordered. He replied "cupcakes" then continued to text me how he's perfected one of the recipes. I said "Thats great! I'll have to try next time, thanks for the tip :) "

Then he asked "When should I pick up the paperwork?" And I replied "Whatever works for you, just let me know" -- And he hasn't replied yet. Pretty good I'd say? I was surprised that he texted me so much, my coworker thinks he really wants to talk to me/misses me. I dont know, but we'll see what happens. I'm happy that he was replying and being very open with me, he could of easily just kept his answers short… right? Ugh. I've been so anxious, I haven't eaten all day!

There just might be some hope yet. How about this- have him tell you when he's coming by and have a new dessert recipe made and say "I just perfected another one of my special dessert recipes. Would you like to taste one?" :D

There just might be some hope yet. How about this- have him tell you when he's coming by and have a new dessert recipe made and say "I just perfected another one of my special dessert recipes. Would you like to taste one?" :D

He hasn't replied … he's probably in his head figuring out when is the best time to come here. His sister gave the same suggestion -- to bake something new and have him try it -- haha… but he knows all my recipes already!

He hasn't replied … he's probably in his head figuring out when is the best time to come here. His sister gave the same suggestion -- to bake something new and have him try it -- haha… but he knows all my recipes already!

Get online and find something. He won't know it's not one of your "secret" recipes.

I agree with grumpy cat! Pinterest has some awesome recipes!

New Threads

Top Bottom