• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shinedown

Is there anyone here who listens to the band Shinedown? I love their “The Sound of Madness” album. Ever since I’ve heard their songs If you only knew and Second Chance back in 2008, they’ve quickly become one of my favorite hard rock bands. It’s an older album, but being on the spectrum I can really relate to the lyrics on these songs. For example. They show what neurotypicals, both people and the system need more education on when it comes to autism acceptance. It’s the perfect album to listen to when I’m having a bad day. Or just when I feel like a good band to listen to.

“Thank you for reminding me of why I’m sick inside”

“Full of sympathy for a world that wouldn’t let him be”

“What a shame, what a shame to judge a life that you can’t change. What a shame to have to beg you to see that we’re not all the same.”

Your ceiling falling piece by pieces

Raining down like concrete

Just surrender and remember

What you've done to me

Look now over your shoulder

No it's not over

It's just beginning

And I will write the final ending

“I stand alone for all to see

Cause they ain't never seen a war like me”

I think the only album of theirs I've heard was Leave a Whisper, and at the time (maybe 2009?) I thought it sounded pretty decent (I love all of what the kids call 'butt rock', or post-grunge). Will definitely check out this album, as it's probably somewhere within my wheelhouse for sure!

Also, if you have any cool playlists to share along these lines I'd definitely be down to rock out to them :D

New Threads

Top Bottom