• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

I've never had TV reception, so I've only seen TBBT as isolated clips on YouTube. Recently, there have been a lot of new ones that are just as funny as the original selections, IMHO. When discussing Sheldon's amazing number of loyal friends with my counsellor, I told her that one had to understand California real estate. Sheldon has the lease. Of course, that is under 5%; the rest is fiction for the sake of situation comedy. I don't mind the distortion. At least it shows people making allowances for an aspie for the sake of keeping him working on his special interest, because it is one they are also keen on. The other characters and the plot are just as contrived, as is usual for theatre.

Debate on fictional character on a T.V. show, sort of strange. nothing beats reality
Sometimes, a fictional exaggeration clarifies the issues, and fiction avoids all the problems with invasion of privacy. BTW, the producers won't call Sheldon Austistic, for legal reasons among others.
While I'm here, how AS does Beverly Hofstadter look to you all?

New Threads

Top Bottom