• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sheet music is nonsense.

No it wasn’t, it was bang on the money I would say according to this -

This suggests trying to learn a language with the absolute minimum of effort as I suspected. You can’t learn a language by watching a few YouTube videos and doing nothing other than trying to have the information fed to oneself!

This whole thread is like me saying cantonese is nonsense, because I’ve watched a few random YouTube videos and I can’t speak and read cantonese fluently.

On the other hand I’m not sure that this thread isn’t just @BrokenBoy having a laugh, in which case haha good job, there’s one born every minute as they say! :D
From the standpoint of logic you might be right, but from the standpoint of pedagogy, you're all wet. In the current situation, pedagogy is more important.

I played by ear, parents forced lessons, can’t play anything now.

The notes just tell you to make the pitcher different, up or down. Simple if you think about it.

Oh come on, there's a lot more to it than that. Time signature, different clefs, dotted notes, Italian terms, different keys with all those sharps and flats, naturals (I don't even remember what that is), those things that mean "hold the note a little longer," rests (of different durations) - yes, you can memorize all that stuff but it sure helps to have someone explain it.

I believe you're describing more than just reading music. By "reading music" I'm referring to translating the black dots into letters. I've been teaching people to read music for six years as a piano teacher and four-year-olds start learning it a few months into lessons.

New Threads

Top Bottom