• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

She Ra: Princess of Power reboot on Netflix

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Anyone seen it? I've watched the first 3 episodes this week, and predictably it's rubbish compared to the 80's original, but decent in its own way.

I couldn’t watch it, couldn’t get over how different the characters look for the reboot.

Anyone seen it? I've watched the first 3 episodes this week, and predictably it's rubbish compared to the 80's original, but decent in its own way.

I've not seen the original or the reboot outside of a review of the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special, so how is the reboot worse than the original.

I've not seen the original or the reboot outside of a review of the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special, so how is the reboot worse than the original.

The style of the characters isn't as good in the reboot IMO, compared to the 80's original, in fact it pains me to say this but to be honest I thought the 2002 He Man reboot was better, and I thought that sucked in the most part.

I’ve never seen the original show as I wasn’t born when it was shown, but I’ve seen it as an advertisement suggestion on Netflix and I just have no interest. I don’t like the animation design or the color palette they’ve chosen.

I haven’t watched it,I don’t like the look of the animation and I am a big fan of the original so I will stick to the original show.

Yeah. and it sounds a bit pervy, but IMO in the original, the heroine was hotter and better looking.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/13/18065360/she-ra-character-explainer-reboot-original
The characters really do look different.
More candy color/pastel in the new version.
I do not like the way the characters look. It is unfortunate that in life, people always want to modify that which once worked. I do not understand why people do that. I mean, what is the purpose of that? Some people do not do anything useful and just waste other people's time. Time is money, they say and no one wants to waste it. It is very selfish to waste someone's time, rambling on with useless non-sense. It is equally offensive when someone reboots a series that is not up to par with people's expectations. Though, expectations change from person to person, though many people would certainly agree that there are certain things to expect, not just from television series, but also from other people. It is unfortunate, that certain people are judgmental to other people, due to their beliefs. Some people enjoy pastel colors, some enjoy more saturated colors. I myself enjoy the 1980s to early 1990s animation style, a style which was more conservative with colors, but also liberal with colors in the right areas; areas such as off shaded walls. Some people think that everything needs to be black, or white, or solid colors; however there are many that realize that off shades are just as important, if not more important than solid colors. Solid colors do have their place in society, not only on television/streaming services, but also in everyday life. I mean there are many times where you want something a solid color, but there are other times in which you wouldn't want that. Another thing to keep in mind is tint. Green tint is used a lot in animation, but so is red and blue tint. Sometimes I thoroughly enjoy a red tint in the animation I watch, other times I do not. It all depends on the animation in question. I also enjoy green tints on occasion, but I don't find myself enjoying blue tints as much. I suppose everyone has their preferences with tints as they relate to animation styles.

New Threads

Top Bottom