• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Selling Tekken 7 for Xbox One on eBay - what price to sell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh FFS, this is why I tend not to get on with Americans, they clearly don't know WTF they're talking about half the time.

It's a DISC, not a DISK!

I think we clearly do know WTF we're talking about, and you're not seeing the big picture here. Let's not worry about pedantry and instead focus on that, shall we:

You bought a scratched disk, complained about it, you're posting a thread about selling it, only to state that it does indeed work...so what's the story here? It's getting hard to tell since you're contradicting yourself now.

Last edited:
So download the patch if and when available! Duh. I worked in that industry. Seriously - if you're unwilling or too impatient to download patches there's no point in gaming given inherent complexities of software
@Rich Allen, I think it looks as though he means "Duh" being aimed at himself, not you, because he has experience in the industry. He wasn't being rude towards you.

I think we clearly do know WTF we're talking about, and you're not seeing the big picture here. Let's not worry about pedantry and instead focus on that, shall we:

You bought a scratched disk, complained about it, you're posting a thread about selling it, only to state that it does indeed work...so what's the story here?

DISC, not DISK! How many more times?! Smh.

And I will try the game on my own Xbox One at the Flat (Apartment to you), and if it still doesn't work, then I don't know, I'm NOT binning a £40 game, I can't afford to do that.

You'd still need to download and install the patch with either this copy, or another copy. So if waiting for the patch is the issue, then there's no way around that.

In the UK, we use disc, but in other parts of the world they use disk. You cannot change this.

And I will try the game on my own Xbox One at the Flat (Apartment to you), and if it still doesn't work, then I don't know, I'm NOT binning a £40 game, I can't afford to do that.

Genuine question:

Why is it that you're capable of understanding that people in other countries have different words for the same things, yet the concept of them spelling words differently to how we do in the UK is completely alien to you?

This is a site dedicated to people on the spectrum of autism.

Who in one way or another all have communications issues with the NT world. So constantly harping over spelling and syntax are simply out of place and offer nothing productive towards positively interacting with our own kind.

My advice for anyone who cannot tolerate such dynamics would be to leave. Besides, arguments over spelling won't change the real issues in this thread. Which the OP clearly doesn't seem to want to deal with. ;)

Last edited:
Disk, disc, it's like that some people say to-may-toe and some people say ta-mot-toe. Anyway, did you figure out how much you are going to sell it for Rich? You could do an auction and hope for bids if you are not sure, just don't price too low.

Disk, disc, it's like that some people say to-may-toe and some people say ta-mot-toe. Anyway, did you figure out how much you are going to sell it for Rich? You could do an auction and hope for bids if you are not sure, just don't price too low.

To be honest, I can't see many being interested in an auction. It's still a very new game and easy to get hold of from pretty much anywhere that sells games.

Have you tried digital downloads instead? I don't own any consoles, but I know these days games are delivered through the net as well. You can do it from the comfort of your own home, no nasty shopkeepers to put up with.

Have you tried digital downloads instead? I don't own any consoles, but I know these days games are delivered through the net as well. Yes, downloads take time, but can you agree that it's worth the wait? You can do it from the comfort of your own home too, no nasty shopkeepers to put up with.

The only downside to this is that digital downloads tend to be more (sometimes much more) expensive than physical copies (stupid, I know). Also, if you're one for trading games in for credit after you're done with them, this is obviously not an option with downloads. This is a big reason companies would like to move fully towards digital, because they get nothing out of the pre-owned market.

Have you tried digital downloads instead? I don't own any consoles, but I know these days games are delivered through the net as well. You can do it from the comfort of your own home, no nasty shopkeepers to put up with.

That would be an option if not for the same problem, big downloads that take a long time even on my 38 Mb Fibre at Home.

That would be an option if not for the same problem, big downloads that take a long time even on my 38 Mb Fibre at Home.

Patience is your problem. Not bandwidth, nor apparently scratches as well. At least on a fiber-based network reliability may not be a concern. Look on the bright side.

I can recall Windows updates/downloads on a conventional dial-up modem that took half a day on occasion. And imagine being halfway through such a download and your connection just shuts off. You have no idea.

Just suck it up and download the patch for better gaming. Who knows, you might be stoked by improved performance...making it worth the effort- and time.

Last edited:
Or do what I do and leave it to do it's thing and watch TV.

Funny, this reminds me of complaints about how long Windows 95/98 might take to boot up when they installed massive numbers of fonts. Publishers would simply go for coffee. Yeah..what else can you do?

It appears that this thread is no longer productive and will be closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom