• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Self-employment?

Boring but easy enough. Bit of research ... online stuff ... etc. I think it's a good fit for aspergers...pedantic on rules... high memory retention...attention to small detail...ability to focus for long periods on a singular task.
Ironic that the characteristics that relegated Aspies to low end jobs in the Industrial Park have become highly regarded and compensated in the Global Village. In the not-too-distant future workers will be divided into two groups: those who take commands from computers and those who program commands into computers. Guess who rules in that world...

Ironic that the characteristics that relegated Aspies to low end jobs in the Industrial Park have become highly regarded and compensated in the Global Village. In the not-too-distant future workers will be divided into two groups: those who take commands from computers and those who program commands into computers. Guess who rules in that world...

Remember, Silicon Valley was created and operated largely (if not exclusively) by individuals on the spectrum. Society does not progress without them ... we have the ability to tap into that extra brain function that allows for new creation to become reality; thinking outside the box, the ability to process and meditate on tasks for inordinate lengths of time ...

I am self-employed as a freelance copywriter. I write web content, white papers, articles, case studies, etc. for companies to use for promotions. I have had some good gigs, and have written about some very interesting subjects. On the other hand, like some of the others who have responded to this thread, I have a lot of trouble making sales calls to prospective clients as well as building and maintaining relationships with them. I struggle with being isolated while working out of my home, but then I also tended to get isolated when I was working full time. I can only afford to do this because my wife has a full time job with benefits. All in all I would much rather be self-employed than work in an office.

Yep. I've done a mixture of both throughout my 20s and 30s. Usually at the same time. I now own two companies that I'm gradually building up (I don't believe in debt, so I'm doing it the hard way!) and plan to run full-time at some point. Although right now I still dip in and out of PAYE work if I need extra funds. I think graduating into a massive recession has left me incredibly skeptical of PAYE jobs, since I was made redundant so many times early on in my career. I feel a lot more secure running my own business where I know exactly what's happening. When I do PAYE work, at the back of my mind I'm always waiting for an announcement that the office is being outsourced, bought out, bankrupt, etc.

If I could find affordable local Business premises, I'd love to run an IT Support Business, I even came up with a Business name and a slogan, name would be RACE (Rich Allen Computer Enterprises) and the slogan would be "Let Rich help you win the RACE for excellent IT solutions", catchy innit?

I’ve dabbled but my organisational skills are pants.

I can do one or the other;
Create and discuss bespoke items
Or
Talk with customers, invoice, ship, answer queries, bank, self assessment forms, advertising, web pages and technology.

I really struggle to juggle both.

I’ve dabbled but my organisational skills are pants.

I can do one or the other;
Create and discuss bespoke items
Or
Talk with customers, invoice, ship, answer queries, bank, self assessment forms, advertising, web pages and technology.

I really struggle to juggle both.

Yeah I'd need help in that area as well, I can do all the IT stuff almost literally with my eyes closed, but I literally couldn't organise a you know what in a Brewery.

My partner and I are starting up a business to sell homemade candles, soaps, bath bombs and stuff like that. He has an admin role in another family retail business and is really good at the paperwork, financial and website side of things. This started as his hobby of making candles. If I'm honest I don't really bring alot to the business apart from my creative side and time to produce things to sell. It is still along way from actual sales but we're slowly working on it which is beneficial because no one else seems to wants to hire me. I don't see this as a permanent arrangement, I'm also a university student with plans to go into research when I'm done.

I have done so many things and changed so many jobs that could not even recollect all of them. I gave up all the attempts to find any job a year ago and tried to trade Forex first then crypto. I should say that I really did not expect it to be so available. Now I am into cryptocurrency trading with leverage via Monfex and get some passive income already. I am planning to learn more and do my best to become a good trader.

New Threads

Top Bottom