• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seinfeld vs. Friends

Shiznown

A buddy of mine once told me, that Seinfeld is Friends for guys. I believe that this is true. Most women whom I meet prefer the show friends. Personally, I hat the show friends. I find it boring and the first real sitcom to deviate from actual comedy. Most sitcoms today are not funny and I think it all started with friends. Even old sitcoms, like The Jeffersons is way better in my opinion. Where Friends is dull and boring, I find Seinfeld to be hilarious and have a very unique way of bringing humor. After all it is, "A show about nothing". Seindfeld and Friends are two sitcoms that are still popular to this day, although Friends is mainly only popular with women, it seems.

I enjoy Seinfeld.
It was well crafted stand-up, with illustrations.

Friends was a light soap opera, more than a sit-com.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the fact of where I live, or the fact that I'm a too young, but I've never actually seen Seinfeld. So I'm a bit biased towards Friends.

Seinfeld. As far as I'm concerned, is the biggest piece of garbage that ever appeared on TV. There's nothing funny about that show, or Seinfeld's act.

Seinfeld. The soup nazi, marble rye, Elaine's dancing, anything Kramer did such as swimming in East River or eating from enormous cans of food from costco. Or when he invited Japanese tourists to sleep in a bureau. I haven't forgotten those skits. Never watched friends.

Last edited:
Interesting. For me I'd never even attempt to compare the two.

But no question, Seinfeld stands out as one of the funniest shows I'll ever remember. Friends? Meh...cute at times I suppose.

Though comparing the two might have made for a good monologue by George Carlin. Like when he compared baseball to football. :p

I give the nod to Seinfeld. At least on that show, we knew what they all did for a living (Kramer?). With Friends, other than Ross, I can't recall any of them having a high paying job or career, yet they lived in rather luxurious apartments for NYC. My wife likes Friends, but I never did.

I can't stand either show to be honest. I don't like Jerry Seinfeld's act and Curb Your Enthusiasm is Larry David's better show, and the Seinfeld reunion season of that suffered from the connection. Seinfeld and Friends are both some of the most overrated shows.

To be honest I didn't like friends or many sitcoms in general,My late dad loved seinfield though that wasn't my favourite either the only sitcom that made me laugh was Married with children which reminded me so much of my family and al bundy reminded me a lot of my dad.

Not sure what happened, but at some point I simply stopped watching most comedy shows. Though I still enjoy old reruns of "Frazier" and on occasion I will watch "The Big Bang Theory".

I enjoy watching "Doc Martin", but that is often more drama than comedy. Though I'm often up to watching any Mel Brooks film more often than not.

Friends>Seinfeld!

I can rewatch nearly all Friends episodes and enjoy them.
Friends cast had one of the best cast chemistry of all time.
No matter what you gave them, they made it work.
It also helped they became good friends during the first season.
There really isn't a truely bad episode of this show.

Seinfeld... well Jerry is grating after 5 minutes.
The cast lack the chemistry and charm of Friends.
Seinfeld episodes are hit and miss.
I cannot rewatch most of Seinfeld.

Hell Will & Grace was a better show than Seinfeld for the same reason as Friends.
Even Will & Grace is still fun to watch.

Friends to this day still sees one of the highest rating for a reran show both in the U.S.

New Threads

Top Bottom