• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeing conections in things

Not exactly, although it is related.

It is like thinking in all the possibilities.
I can totally relate to that...I cannot do anything no matter how simple it is without planning every single step, back and forth , considering multiple possible outcomes and multiple possible comebacks...it's exhausting ...And as you mentioned after this very tiring process we get so burnout that following through is not even a possibility anymore. It's feels like we have already spent so much time figuring everything out that after all the scenarios and possible solutions and decisions for them it feels like we already done it and now it's pointless to actually do it...It's so weird! and frustrating too...

I definetly think it is a trait. I think it has to do with the necessitiy of avoiding "surprises" and unexpected situations and since we tend to be very visually oriented we have to envision all the links and possibilities and in doing so we feel we are actually following through when in fact we have not even started yet...

My wife (NT) used to get upstet with me, because everytime she would ask me about somethig I considered important I would say something like : "how bout wedsneday at 10 am?" She would complain saying that she cannot believe she had to schedule an appointment with me to talk aboiut daily stuff.

The problem for me is that without really stoping to try understand the problem (again no matter how simple it might be!) in fully details, so i can make all the possibile associations, test hypothesis and so forth I would not be able to actually add any value to the discussion...the entropy is immense!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom