• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Searching jobs... FREAK!!!

Irkoutsk

All those title of job makes me rage on the internet! I would like to have it more simple for job that we don't need ambitions to be in like serving clients make no ambition at all for me. Sorry for my bad English.

I have done some general labour work. Some place I did was assembly line work and warehousing which normally don't requires working with customers. One warning for assembly line work is normally fast paced so if you don't like working at fast speeds, it might not be a job for you. There many other type of jobs for general labour that does not require working with customers.

If it an option to get an education to get a better job in a trade that you like, this may be a better route for you. Best of luck.

Don't worry about your English, I think I get what you mean (and correct me if I'm wrong, please!) -

If I may ask, what sorts of jobs, specifically, have you encountered? You mention working with clients, which makes me wonder what sort of field you're looking into. There are jobs that may not pay very well but don't require a lot of conversation, such as repair, be it in IT or mechanical or what have you. I currently work retail, so obviously I am working with clients and customers quite a bit, and I sort of hate it, but I am enrolling in training for an IT trade that will mostly involve something I am interested in while at the same time not having to have so much human contact. It depends what your prior education might be. Like Penguin said, it might be a good idea to enroll in some sort of training program in a field you might be interested in.

I totally understand you. I also don't have anything against talking to people when the conversation is about our common interests. But yes, serving clients at shops or cafes or restaurants is my last option from all types of work.
For example, I got a job as a person who puts goods into aisles in supermarket. That's kind of like tetris in real life :D

Yes but this have nothing to do with serving clients in a shopping center.
Serving clients in a shopping center would be crazy! Lots of people. I am glad that you are going back to school. I just got my Masters degree in May 2013 in Library Science. So, I am looking for a librarian job. We work with lots of people in a library but many of them are odd like me. ;) And, we don't deal with them all at once, which would be torture! So, I am so happy with my choice of career. Even if I don't get to be a librarian and just work as an assistant (or don't get to be a librarian for a long time), I would be very happy working in a library. Good luck to you. I will say a prayer for you for your direction.

I have no ambition to serve clients in any retail setting or in the food industry or in a medical environment. People are demanding little buggers when they're shopping or hungry or sick.

New Threads

Top Bottom