• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sashimi survey!

Sashimi?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hell no!

• I eat it fresh off the bones, just like a bear does. Or Gollum.

• I prefer it with sushi rice.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • With wasabi and/or pickled ginger.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I need a few cups of sake before I give that a try.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never had it.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I like it much more than the traditional sushi rolls

I like individual thin slices of raw tuna and salmon on top of little logs of sticky rice, topped with strips of fresh cucumber. With soy sauce and ginger please.

I like it much more than the traditional sushi rolls

I like individual thin slices of raw tuna and salmon on top of little logs of sticky rice, topped with strips of fresh cucumber. With soy sauce and ginger please.
I think we, who love fish, may overestimate the % of Americans who do. Many Americans would turn up their noses at that delicious preparation you describe. I love fish and seafood, ever since I must have been 8, when my family was traveling to Toronto for the CNE. We stopped at what must have been a nice restaurant. Or, at least to my eyes. I was on my best manners as my parents told me I could have anything I want. I did not know what Rainbow Trout was, but it sounded good. The waiter taught me how remove the bones from the whole trout, and I was off to the races. 20 years later I was catching my first Rainbow. Then, after having my first Lobster . . . Oh My! My spouse introduced me to clams and Manhattan Clam Chowder. Then when I was working in Emeryville, CA, I learned my way around West Coast seafood, including a meal at the home of a first-nations family where we were served herring eggs, like mashed potatos. I love seafood.

I also like my beef and lamb to be cooked rare to medium rare. Just seared on the outside, thank you.

I am craving sashimi with wasabi and pickled ginger. Or maybe I am just craving wasabi. Clear up my sinuses.

New Threads

Top Bottom