• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sashimi survey!

Sashimi?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hell no!

• I eat it fresh off the bones, just like a bear does. Or Gollum.

• I prefer it with sushi rice.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • With wasabi and/or pickled ginger.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I need a few cups of sake before I give that a try.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never had it.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I wish I could afford a meal at my favorite sashimi bar right now. Never mind that they are not even open this time of day.

Does anybody else here appreciate a decent plate of sashimi?

I have heard of a sashimi bar in Tokyo where they keep the fish alive in a tank, one could go in, point at a fish swimming in there, and then consume that fish as sashimi shortly after that. Now that is fresh.

I have eaten at sushi places forever. I have been upset about the amount of environmental toxins found in them now.. So now l tend to order fancy seafood rolls with a variety of things in them. Yellowtail was always my favorite.

Last edited:
I have eaten at sushi places forever. I have been upset about the amount of toxins found in them now.. So now l tend to order fancy seafood rolls with a variety of things in them. Yellowtail was always my favorite.
Well, I suppose if I wanted toxins in my sashimi, I could always order the fugu. Not that it is offered anywhere near me, but that sashimi dish is the stuff of legends.

We have excellent sushi restaurants that capitalize on extremely fancy seafood rolls, and they are filling. But l did go to the sushi place where the little boats float around you. There was one in LA - where the little boats floated by the table booths but this was pre-covid.

I had to google it, I have never tried it. I come from a fish nation, we are known for fish, maybe especially salmon. And we have one fish rule here, fish has to be cooked. No raw fish. So I'll keep some distance to the sashimi, I'm sceptical.

I had to google it, I have never tried it. I come from a fish nation, we are known for fish, maybe especially salmon. And we have one fish rule here, fish has to be cooked. No raw fish. So I'll keep some distance to the sashimi, I'm sceptical.
We can both go to Tokyo together and visit the sashimi bar I mentioned in the first post in this thread. Cover it in enough wasabi and that could kill off the parasites and germs.

I do enjoy cooked salmon, though.

I like sushi, it's an interesting snack or lunch or supper. I like the mixed packs that add a little plastic bottle of soy sauce and some slivers of ginger with the sushi. The salmon sushi are yummy.

There’s quite a few sushi places that have opened up here and I went to one last month which had salmon and mint. Very good and refreshing. They also had salmon and shrimp sashimi as an option so we ate well That day. :cool:

Fun fact: sushi is the only way I’ll eat tuna, Although it’s obvious raw and not like you get in the cans.
Don’t You Vikings Eat your food raw straight from the bone?

When working on an assignment in Japan I enjoyed a lot of meals that are impossible to get here. But I draw the line at Natto . . . I call it snotto, for its slimyness. Sometimes I thought my hosts were playing "what can we get this gaijin to eat." I happily went along and was treated to a nice Kaiseki meal once.

There’s quite a few sushi places that have opened up here and I went to one last month which had salmon and mint. Very good and refreshing. They also had salmon and shrimp sashimi as an option so we ate well That day. :cool:

Fun fact: sushi is the only way I’ll eat tuna, Although it’s obvious raw and not like you get in the cans.

Don’t You Vikings Eat your food raw straight from the bone?

Yes, except fish. :) We cook the fish.

shouldn’t Finland have peppermint candy canes since Santa lives in Finland?
Yes, but the Swedes invented it. I have actually been in Santas village in Rovaniemi. :cool: It's just as Christmasy as you would imagine. Very Christmasy.

1662329473867.png

Denmark is known for herring. Norway, salmon. Sweden, peppermint candy cane. :) They misunderstood something about fish.
Traditionally here in the Northern Great Lakes, but especially in Wisconsin, lumber crews were fed a lot of whitefish for dinner. Now, fish boils are upscale tourist feeds. Whitefish and potatoes are boiled in a kettle over an open fire. At the end the cook increases the heat by tossing kerosene on the fire to get the kettle to boil over, getting rid of all the oils. It is actually a fun time for a dinner having some good freshwater fish.

We can both go to Tokyo together and visit the sashimi bar I mentioned in the first post in this thread. Cover it in enough wasabi and that could kill off the parasites and germs.

I do enjoy cooked salmon, though.
We have had a strong cold front move through the Great Lakes. This is sending the Salmon inshore, and there is a fishing frenzy when the fall nights get cool. I like Lake Trout more than Salmon, though.

shouldn’t Finland have peppermint candy canes since Santa lives in Finland?
Due to raising taxes in Sweden, Santa parks his reindeer in Lapland now. Of course Finland residents are in uproar about frozen reindeer pies (similar to cowpies) that become obvious by late spring. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom