• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Santa Claus

a little Santa humor:

"Groucho: 'That's in every contract, that's what you call a sanity clause.'
Chico: 'You can't a fool a me there ain't no sanity clause.'"

— from A Night At The Opera
, movie

I don't remember being upset by learning that SC wasn't real, Easter bunny, tooth fairy as well. I guess I understood the value of make believe enough to play along.

What got my goat happened when I was about 10-12. My mom's mother threw her father out and they divorced. He remarried and essentially abandoned my mom's family. No one ever talked about him. Then, around that age, my mom looked him up and found him living in public housing in our city. We went and visited him, but he really didn't acknowledge me and barely talked to my mom. (This is the side of the family where ASD is likely from). That year at Christmas, my sisters and I all got a card with ten dollars in it from "grandpa" written in my mom's writing. A short while later he died, and my mom asked if I was going to the funeral, which would have been my first. I said no, and that was that.

I STILL BELIVE IN SANTA HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO

New Threads

Top Bottom