• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sake poll!

Sake! (Japanese rice wine)

• Cheap and impure and heated.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Expensive and suitable to be served cold.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I hate sake.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Never had it.

• Too young in my country to have it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goes well with sashimi.

• People actually drink that stuff?

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I brew my own.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weeb liquor of choice!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Finally, a food or beverage that we don’t agree on! Lol

I’m unfortunately not a sake fan. I’m not a big fan of alcohol to begin with but I was a bit surprised by the taste of sake.

I tend to prefer cocktails and dessert drinks though so that’s probably not a surprise.

I don’t drink sake anymore, but I had fun with it when I had it in the past.
My poll response "Other." On a project in North Borneo I was working with a Japanese crew. They HAD to have their alcohol. They brought a keg of Sapporo, pretty good beer. On the other hand, the housekeeper they hired took all the daily leftover rice and put it in a vat under the counter to let it bubble and fester. After a week or so, she would pour it into bottles and cork it with a rolled up leaf. It would be served as rice wine for dinner. You had to grit your teeth while drinking it to strain out all the clumps of rice. I'm not sure if it was fermented so much as rotted, but it was ...... potent They would frequently drink a couple bottles and sometimes not even make it to bed. A few mornings I found them passed out on the floor between the dining room and the bedrooms.

I don't drink anything alcoholic anymore.
I liked Sake, the expensive kind, when I was younger.

I never drank it, I guess i'm uncultured. I also dont know many foreign foods, or drinks. I try to stay way from alcohol, it tends to make you act a fool. And... I don't need any help with that. lol

Tried it once at my first job when we were bought out by a Japanese company. It tasted nasty. Mind you, I never took to most alcoholic drinks.

If I'm being honest, I think alcoholic drinks (that aren't sugar laden) - taste unmistakeably like the poison they are.

Ed

Sake? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..

Give me a good Irish whiskey, tequila, single-malt scotch or Tennessee sour mash whiskey. Though I also enjoy Japan's Suntory Whisky "Toki". Very smooth....like Jamesons.

Despite living in relative isolation, I still consider myself a "social drinker". So while I like a little taste now and then, that's usually as far it goes these days. Oh well...

Last edited:
For the sake of sobriety, no sake here! It’s not the best choice for drunks. Seems more of a sipping in moderation type of thing.

I enjoy a shot or two of warm sake, then I’m done. It doesn’t pair with anything but a headache, and I’m not a fan of tipsy. If I wanted to get stupid on rice, I’d go with makgeolli and chew some dried squid.

New Threads

Top Bottom