• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ryanair sorry it made autistic Harlow boy take Covid test

I would entirely agree with this EXCEPT that his family had been assured that his medical exemption would be valid. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have gone.

So they traveled under false pretenses and then were told "you can't go home if he doesn't submit to this". What followed most likely scarred the kid for life.

Ryanair shouldn't have told them there was a medical exemption until it was too late for them to change their minds about traveling.

I agree Ryan air should not have done that. However, that's actually not relevant to whether he could catch covid. The exemption certificate doesn't of course exempt him from catching it, and his family decided to take him somewhere he could catch it, or was at greater risk, especially on a plane with other people who may or may not have been exempted. This was also the cause of him having to have the first test. The family could have avoided all this.

I don't personally think there should be exemptions in any case, as this puts all on a plane at risk, doesn't it?

What is it about being autistic that makes NTs think it's perfectly acceptable to be cruel to us when they would never be that way to people with other disabilities? Do they think we are incapable of feeling emotional or physical pain, or do they just not think at all?

I swear 'normal' people has some internal sense thingy that makes them react to autistic people in a different way they would react to non autistics. Like expecting more of them sometimes, or blaming them when they wouldn't blame other people. idk.

Unless I am not reading the article right, the airline is not apologizing for making the boy take the test. They are simply saying they are sorry that he experienced distress. That's totally different - that's a slick non-apology. In the same situation, they would do it again. I apologize if I am just missing something in the article.
IMO its a! we don't want to be sued, we'll pay less or nothing, if we pretend to be apologetic ,mental note don't give that airline custom

I agree Ryan air should not have done that. However, that's actually not relevant to whether he could catch covid. The exemption certificate doesn't of course exempt him from catching it, and his family decided to take him somewhere he could catch it, or was at greater risk, especially on a plane with other people who may or may not have been exempted. This was also the cause of him having to have the first test. The family could have avoided all this.

I don't personally think there should be exemptions in any case, as this puts all on a plane at risk, doesn't it?
That depends on different explanations specific to each passenger

New Threads

Top Bottom