• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rumour - David Tennant to return to Doctor Who as the 14th Doctor?

o_O So, did RTD pull a prank on everybody with this or was the entire lead up to the regeneration a huge fakeout to totally blow everybody away with this?o_O I'm so confused, but... Nope, I am confused. I'm crossing my fingers though.

o_O So, did RTD pull a prank on everybody with this or was the entire lead up to the regeneration a huge fakeout to totally blow everybody away with this?o_O I'm so confused, but... Nope, I am confused. I'm crossing my fingers though.

From what I understand, David Tennant will be the Doctor for three more episodes - with his last appearance been for the 60th Anniversary in November 2023, after which Ncuti Gatwa will take over as the Doctor (hopefully with the questions been answered as to why the Doctor ended up back in a previous incarnation and why his clothes changed when it happened; something that hasn't happened since William Hartnell's regeneration)

At the risk of sounding cynical, however, this just feels like a cheap and desperate move by the BBC to bring more viewers back that they lost under Chibnall (especially as Jodie's last episode also included other former Doctors and companions) - which will be difficult as a lot of former Doctor Who fans have moved past anger at the creative decisions for the show (especially The Timeless Children and it's retcon of the Doctor's origins) and become apathetic to it.
The problem with that is, when people become apathetic to something they once loved, it becomes really hard to "reignite the furnace" and keep it burning.

New Threads

Top Bottom