• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Retro computer and video gaming.

I get momentarily nostalgic about some of the oldest of computer games. Until I recall just how primitive most of them were visually with such low resolution in pixels. So I temper such fond memories of keeping a perfect-running computer I built long ago, reflecting both technology, an OS and games of the early 2000s.

Satisfying nostalgic game play and frame rates without really ugly graphics. With all the proverbial no-CD cracks to run right off my hard drive. Completely cut off from the Internet so I can run the system without any security software that so easily drags down performance. :cool:

I grew up during the 5th and 6th generation era of consoles (PS1/N64/Saturn to PS2/Gamecube/Xbox) along playing the Sega Genesis and Atari 2600 during my early years of gaming passed down from family. I didn't focused on gaming during 2008-2013 due to being busy with high school. But once I finished I was able to focus more gaining back my interests were I picked up the 3DS were I was reinvigorated back into games and recently picked up a PS4 to catch up with franchises I missed out on during the PS2/PS3 era.

Thanks to the Youtube over the years I got more into retro gaming thanks to emulation and still continue to discover hidden gems on my favorite consoles. I still pop in Fusion, epsxe and ZSNES whenever I'm in the mood to play retro games I've played as a kid or others I've learned about.

I'm half tempted to pick a SNES Mini from PC World at some point, except the only game I mainly want isn't on it, Super Tennis.

If I had the £90, I'd pick up a PS Classic, even though there's about 3 games out of the 20 I wanna play, Soul Blade, Tekken and something else.

Although to be honest I watched a video on YouTube yesterday of the original Tekken, and it looks crap by today's standards, blocky 3D characters.

New Threads

Top Bottom