• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relation with your phone, social networks....

Phone, internet, social networks

• Woman

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Man

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I love others stories

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • My phone got no ringtones

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Over 30 years old

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Under 30 years old

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't even answer calls from my relatives

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don't use social network

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I post nothing personal

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I can't stay without social networks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Billthecat

V.I.P Member
Sometimes I think I could be the most reserved person over the entire flat world; I will never share personal information even with a gun in front of my head, but I like to understand if it's just something personal or is common for autistics.

Feel free to choose more than one option, to have a better view of the situation.

On September 31 there will be the extraction for a beautiful silver plated toilet paper roll

Two questions.
Is Autism Forums considered a social network?

On September 31 there will be the extraction for a beautiful silver plated toilet paper roll
What in the holy heck am I missing here? entirely intrigued, but also confused.

Yeah I have a phone, but typically never use it. And indeed, messages from relatives will go entirely unanswered unless there's some really important reason to do so. I'm just not interested.

And social media is a hideous toxic disaster-mistake. Wont touch it. Ever.

I try to use my phone only when I need it - social media make me way too anxious as I have a tendecy to compare myself to others.

I do plenty of reading so I keep the majority of PDFs there and track my to-do lists and workout plans. I don't like answering calls so I prefer texting instead.

Anyone else regard their phone with anxiety whenever it rings? I avoid using my phone and prefer to text as i can express myself better in written form.
I have social media for my hobby but nothing really personal related. I speak more on these forums. :)

Two questions.
Is Autism Forums considered a social network?

What in the holy heck am I missing here? entirely intrigued, but also confused.
1. If you use it to share/spy sensitive data, it could be considered

2. Our team is taking care of collecting the prize money during these holidays, in the coolest hours.

anyone wishing to contribute can leave the name, address and alarm code to our secretary

@Rodafina
1659973101044.png

Apparently, a joke.
First clue =
September has only 30 days, not 31.

Sometimes I think I could be the most reserved person over the entire flat world; I will never share personal information even with a gun in front of my head, but I like to understand if it's just something personal or is common for autistics.

From personal observation of this forum and many others over the years, I find postings to be have varying degrees of anonymity to none at all relative to how much personal information members post. From some people being paranoid to others being horribly naive. Take your pick.

No differently than any other domain on the web...regardless of neurological considerations.

Of course in the present technological environment, I suspect much of anyone aggressively attempting to remain off the grid from both public and private sector data harvesting is well....practically a lost cause. But on some levels I try anyway. Though all that said, I still never answer any phone calls from parties I do not recognize. Way too many scammers calling me six days a week.

This message is brought to you by Ray Davies of the Kinks.

Last edited:
I use this forum, obviously, but no social media. I won't go into the whole story again because I've posted multiple times about why I don't use it. But I think social media is generally not a good thing. At least, it wasn't for me.

I don't really talk on the phone, even with most relatives and friends. I mostly text. Even calling the doctor's office or ordering food or calling an acquaintance scares the crap out of me. If there's a way to do it through text or online I prefer to do it that way. I will call the doctor or my dogs' vet, if it's urgent.

I'm okay with sharing SOME personal stuff on here, but there are things I have never and will never go into detail about. I would never talk about anything personal with the majority of the people I know irl either. I think everyone on here knows more about me than anyone in my irl life does, ironically. Especially because I can't discuss autism-related things with them, and most of the people who share my biggest special interest only have that one interest in common with me and wouldn't be interested in any of my other ones.

Feel free to choose more than one option, to have a better view of the situation.

My relation with my phone is...
complicated.

Not sure if it counts, but I use instagram, soundcloud, youtube and others (just for art and music). As far as posting personal things online, I don't mind doing it with a username attached, but I wouldn't want to with my real name.

Mostly this is because anything I share would just be to benefit others, or so that I can learn from others. I don't care if they know who I am or not and vice versa, but I'd prefer to not leave my real name next to it anyway.

Some groups that I'd be interested in joining are FB only and so I'm missing out on those. But that's a trade-off I'm willing to accept (for being social media abstinent)

I use the phone like any other person. But I stay out of it as much as I can. I'm really sensitive to radiation, it makes me feel depressed, so I usually turn off Wi-Fi/data when not using it.

I believe that we all are affected by radiation in a negative sense, most people would not agree, or they would not consider it. But there are so many depressed people nowadays, even our youngest for no reason, and I find it sad that we still don't see a connection between mobile use/wireless devices and mental health.

Just had a wrong number call from this elderly woman and really doesn’t help with the phone anxiety. :(
Wish that my phone interactions were less anxiety provoking and more neutral.

I'm on Facebook, but don't post anything on my profile page, only in a private group. On my phone sometimes I have to take a call, but I never answer unknown or withheld numbers.

New Threads

Top Bottom