• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reincarnation?

Suzette

V.I.P Member
The idea of reincarnation was always discussed in my family as being possible. I've never had a strong opinion about it but I have had some dreams over the years that just had a certain realistic quality I could not explain. But, in the way of dreams, there was never any info I could recall that would be verifiable so I just filed the dreams away as "interesting".

Recently though I have been watching videos on YouTube where people have under gone past life revression and uncovered details that were subsequently verified. I got thinking about one of those dreams in particular and I wrote down a few words regarding my impressions. I wrote that I was a young girl about 13 or 14. I was with my family at an amusent park on a board walk and wanted to ride "The Steeple Chase". The was a fire. I was dreassed clothes I would call "Edwardian" with a blue straw hat and high button boots, long black skirt, a white blouse and short jacket.

So out of curiosity I googled "Boardwalk, Steeple Chase, Fire" and found out that there is a park with a ride called "Steeple chase" at Coney Island and a fire destroyed the original ride in 1907.

Being from Colorado and never having been to New York I know nothing about Coney Island so I am stunned by the accuracy of my dream.

Do you have any dreams or memories that you think are from a past life?

This is a picture of the ride from my dream.
SmartSelect_20220129-001220_Chrome.jpg

I don't believe in reincarnation. However, I do believe that memories may be (in some degree) heritable, but not sure how much.

The "Steeple Chase" at Coney Island was fairly popular at the park & popular in old media--It showed up in Harold Lloyd's Speedy filmed in 1928, and in other stuff--until the 'Pavilion of Fun' was bulldozed by Fred Trump in 1966 after the "Demolition Party" where you could line up & throw bricks at the stained glass windows.

I have been told that as a child I claimed to recognize dead relatives, and described my grandfather in detail right down to his eyeglasses (and his first and middle name). He had died in the 1970s and was not talked about much. But this was behind the altar of an old, old Catholic church. In some Catholic traditions (little t not big T) the souls of those in Purgatory were said to wait in the churches for prayers and penances to release them into Heaven sooner. I of course "have no recollection of the incident" and do not believe in the New Age or other forms of religion or spirituality incorporating reincarnation &/or past-life regression. However the face of evidence tells me that there is some unknown mechanism that seems to pass down traumatic stuff from generation to generation. I wonder if we can carry it genetically or if it somehow affects our souls. Odd question & I am sure that you shouldn't follow everything I say about this; it's nothing I'm familiar with deeply despite those childhood experiences & a few really creepy senses of being "at home" in the wrong era.

Sometimes l see the person in front of me, their physical self, and sometimes l will catch a glimpse of the spiritual self if they are in that realm, like someone who has passed thru many generations. But this is usually a very spiritual type person. I feel we carry memories of past doings so to speak. Are these our spiritual guides, our loved one's who have passed , just random spirits wandering around?

There is much l don't fully comprehend however it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are types of people who are healers, there are types who aid in helping others pass over to the spiritual side, and l feel this is passed down thru the generations. So perhaps there is some truth to reincarnation.

I used to believe in reincarnation, because with no other explaination as to why we are born and only last a short time, before death? It made no sense to me, so the idea of coming back again as another person etc, seemed logical and then, I started to study the bible and was introduced the the resurrection hope and other concepts from the bible and I got my: ahha moment.

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 says that when we die, that is it. And in fact, we are the soul, so therefore, it is quite impossible for there to be an after life, in that regard.

I’ve heard and read some remarkable reincarnation stories. There is most definitely something to it. Coincidentally, I watched a wonderful movie about reincarnation the other day called I Origins. It’s really good.

no don't believe in it I think DNA proves that each person is individual so you're not going to have, an extra person's DNA, I never forget a book, called close encounters of the God kind, by Rev Jesse duplantis(he is one of the least super spiritual people I have ever seen), his spirit body was taken up into heaven ,and he said when he got to the throne room, there were tiny beings flying around ,saying can we be a soul ,they were apparently unborn children ,waiting to go into a human body.

I think it is a possibility.

I've had a vivid recurring dream since I was a young child of my own death (in a previous life perhaps?).

I am on the floor of a small house/shack in the woods, and 3 women (probably in their 50s-70s) are standing over me. Their voices are distorted, and I cannot understand what they are saying. I can't pull myself off of the floor or move. I'm still not sure if they were the cause of my death (poisoning?) or if I had just collapsed. It always feels like a very traumatic experience and like there has been some betrayal though.

The idea of reincarnation was always discussed in my family as being possible. I've never had a strong opinion about it but I have had some dreams over the years that just had a certain realistic quality I could not explain. But, in the way of dreams, there was never any info I could recall that would be verifiable so I just filed the dreams away as "interesting".

Recently though I have been watching videos on YouTube where people have under gone past life revression and uncovered details that were subsequently verified. I got thinking about one of those dreams in particular and I wrote down a few words regarding my impressions. I wrote that I was a young girl about 13 or 14. I was with my family at an amusent park on a board walk and wanted to ride "The Steeple Chase". The was a fire. I was dreassed clothes I would call "Edwardian" with a blue straw hat and high button boots, long black skirt, a white blouse and short jacket.

So out of curiosity I googled "Boardwalk, Steeple Chase, Fire" and found out that there is a park with a ride called "Steeple chase" at Coney Island and a fire destroyed the original ride in 1907.

Being from Colorado and never having been to New York I know nothing about Coney Island so I am stunned by the accuracy of my dream.

View attachment 74757

I recently watched a youtuber's self-experiment who went to an alternative practicioner for past life revision. He had been put in a state of trance with the help of hypnosis. With these stories you will never be able to tell the line between fabrication, imagination and reality.

There have been reports about various people claiming to be 'reborn' and they could remember very personal details about their past lives. They could for example describe the house they had lived in in detail and research often revealed that those details were true, and that in fact the place still exists. Sometimes living relatives could still be found and interviewed as proof. There have been small children who talked about their 'other mum' and 'siblings' they didn't have.

But like I've said we will never know for sure.

I am not sure I believe nor disbelieve. Honestly, arguments for and against are all valid and there is no evidence for either position. But I do find many of the past life stories very compelling. Especially those memories presented by youg children that are able to give specific detail they can not know about, including names, historical events, historical life practices such as clothing detail, industrial practices etc. However, I don't have any patience for those who tell others they are the reincarnation of some famous historical figure.

Western thinking often has dismisssed the possibility of reincarnation but not all, as reincarnation is part of the Jewish book Kabbalah. Why are Christians so dismissive of the idea? I am not a Christian. Does the bible specifically state that there is no reincarnation?

I think it is a possibility.

I've had a vivid recurring dream since I was a young child of my own death (in a previous life perhaps?).

I am on the floor of a small house/shack in the woods, and 3 women (probably in their 50s-70s) are standing over me. Their voices are distorted, and I cannot understand what they are saying. I can't pull myself off of the floor or move. I'm still not sure if they were the cause of my death (poisoning?) or if I had just collapsed. It always feels like a very traumatic experience and like there has been some betrayal though.

Oh dear. It can mean a couple of things. It could be a warning to watch out for something do with the number 3=death. It could be you are witnessing something that happened in the place you are in. Maybe there is a burial ground. And you may be warned about something your future. As people, we often don't listen to our gut feelings, so warnings can appear but we ignore or deny due to our very black and white thinking.

I’ve had dreams that have accurately predicted things that did happen later on, and I’ve had a lot of “deja vu” moments in my real life that I think were things I’d dreamed about. Creepy :confused:
So I have no real reason to say that reincarnation cannot be real. And I am Christian and I believe in heaven.

View attachment 74757

I HAVE HAD THIS EXACT THING HAPPEN TO ME BEFORE

I KNOW I KEEP SAYING IT

AND I WISH I HAD A FREAKING CAMERA

I am not sure I believe nor disbelieve. Honestly, arguments for and against are all valid and there is no evidence for either position. But I do find many of the past life stories very compelling. Especially those memories presented by young children that are able to give specific detail they can not know about, including names, historical events, historical life practices such as clothing detail, industrial practices etc. However, I don't have any patience for those who tell others they are the reincarnation of some famous historical figure.

Western thinking often has dismissed the possibility of reincarnation but not all, as reincarnation is part of the Jewish book Kabbalah. Why are Christians so dismissive of the idea? I am not a Christian. Does the bible specifically state that there is no reincarnation?

Christianity & reincarnation--I'm not an authority on either. Catholics believe differently than a lot of Protestants and I am pretty well a diehard Catholic--and as far as anything in the mystical woo files I'm about as spiritual as the Montgomery Ward catalog. As for Western thinking as different from Eastern thinking, a lot of that depends on the perception of time. Western thought on time is linear--a beginning and an end with us progressing towards somewhere. Eastern thought is more commonly represented as a wheel (as in Buddhism.) Can't talk about eternity without the concept of time.

The reason I don't dismiss stories by people who have had those kinds of experiences was because the whole thing may have a mechanical or biological component. Consider me fairly agnostic about a lot of "spiritual" stuff; I tend to look for a mechanical/empirical explanation first. The BBC News isn't super scientific though, but it's interesting.
'Memories' pass between generations - BBC News

OK, now for some mystical woo stuff. I have a hunch that the souls of the deceased (Still individual) may influence peoples' dreams and that sort of thing. Many of the past-life regression/reincarnation stories end up involving traumatic deaths and whatnot.

Also I guarantee you there are people out there who fake this stuff, muddying the waters of research in an already confusing field.

End of the line? I don't actually know. It's curious but I don't know how to go deeper. Regarding the Kabbalah I usually dismiss a lot of that; not because it's Jewish but because it's esoteric. I have no use for esoteric mystical stuff, be it Christian, Jewish, Islamic, or pagan. Life's crazy enough without needing a hidden knowledge.

Then again that's also me being a bit of a grouch (as usual) so hardly any surprise there.

@Gerontius,

I certainly can't be upset with you for your point of view. The world right under our noses is confusing. I don't care to contemplate any of it too deeply.

My personal defense is to simply allow that all points of view are true and valid. Simplistically, a linear concept of time does not negate a circular one and vice versa.

For me contemplating such matters is not about being able to claim knowledge but I find these questions amusing.

I hope i come back as something with a more meaningful life...

(Read: positivity was compromised. I am back where I started last night...)

Reincarnation is a major tenet of my personal belief system. That we as eternal souls deliberately choose to return in a new life on this secondary and temporary plane of existence for the purpose of personal enlightenment.

I wholeheartedly believe in reincarnation now, after spending most of my life denigrating the idea as a cult Christian. I've had too many experiences with "flashbacks" and dreams of my former lives to continue to ignore the probability that reincarnation is a thing. It helps in a way...I'm more comfortable with experiencing everything this life has to offer, with all its lessons, and when it ends I'll be ready to experience something completely different. I also have "genetic memories" that happen, but they are totally separate events from the past-life stuff. Now that I've renounced all religion and follow my own system of beliefs (with Eastern philosophies making up the bulk of those beliefs), life seems easier to make sense of.

Should my carcass; burnt or otherwise, be scattered or buried after my death then I'd be present in the new blades of grass, the new spring leaves or plants and creatures that take up nutrients and moisture from below ground.

Birds eat the worms, cat eats the bird or duck eats the grass and plants, human eats the duck :)
I'd be present in all of those things. Continuously recycled matter.

I don't believe wholeheartedly in reincarnation but I don't NOT believe either.
Each to their own :)

New Threads

Top Bottom