• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Regression possible as adults?

The first time this happened to me, I was 14 and it was huge reversal. I had two vaccines (I am NOT anti-vaxxer!!), and for some reason I reacted. This is how my nightmare started. I lost the ability to talk in public, could not eat or sleep, became hyper and lost school skills, ability to read, etc, lost all my friends etc.

That was medical regression, I am sure.

I got some of it back, but not really. I never really recovered, but learned to fake. BUT I was subject to lots of abuse and also predators who sensed I did not have much protection.

And then, after my accident, I really regressed, but there was head trauma. I dress like a kid again, feel like about 12 but don't look 12. I must look like a freak. But it is what it is.

I told my mom in a panice of tears once "I will NEVER know what it feels like to be an adult!!"

I still feel that way.

It makes me sad I can't look how I feel. With sexual identity issues, you CAN change it. You can try to make yourself look how you feel inside. What can you do when you feel a different age than you look??

I will be grotesque at 80, feeling 12.

That is because she can’t accept it.
i would never use something like ASD to get things or to use it as an excuse. the only reason i want or need to know is so that i can fully accept who i am. of all the people i know or have met in my life, i have never heard one of them say they don't know who they are. i say it to myself on a daily basis. who am i, why do i think the way i do. why can i not figure out why i am this way. everyone always asks me why I'm so miserable, or why i never smile, or why am i so depressed. I'm not miserable, i just don't know how to express my feelings, its not easy for me to show expressions, so I'm not a big smile person, doesn't mean I'm unhappy. and I'm not depressed, most of the time. i can become depressed over things, but so does everyone else. do i wish i could be comfortable and enjoy being the center of attention in a party full of people, yes of course, but just typing that alone made my heart start pounding. not even a week ago i discovered who i am. I'm not ashamed of it. i was before because i had no idea what or who i was. am i terrified of what happens next, of course. because i don't like change. i wont change who i am, but id like to improve my ways, id like to be comfortable holding a conversation that isn't just about what i like, id like to actually enjoy myself around people and not look like the creep in the room with my eyes glued to my phone. id like to be able to control my emotions, especially when it comes to my routine being changed. i feel more normal this week then i ever have in my life. ive expressed so many things to this site that i would never ever have expressed to anyone. i was welcomed immediately, by everyone that understands me, my thoughts, my actions, my misunderstandings. ive never felt more relieved to be able to express myself and not be judged or made fun of. the therapy that ive received since Friday from this site has far surpassed any and all other types of therapy or treatment ive ever received before. i do have a long road ahead, but with the help of like minded people, that will be 100 times easier....

i would never use something like ASD to get things or to use it as an excuse. the only reason i want or need to know is so that i can fully accept who i am. of all the people i know or have met in my life, i have never heard one of them say they don't know who they are. i say it to myself on a daily basis. who am i, why do i think the way i do. why can i not figure out why i am this way. everyone always asks me why I'm so miserable, or why i never smile, or why am i so depressed. I'm not miserable, i just don't know how to express my feelings, its not easy for me to show expressions, so I'm not a big smile person, doesn't mean I'm unhappy. and I'm not depressed, most of the time. i can become depressed over things, but so does everyone else. do i wish i could be comfortable and enjoy being the center of attention in a party full of people, yes of course, but just typing that alone made my heart start pounding. not even a week ago i discovered who i am. I'm not ashamed of it. i was before because i had no idea what or who i was. am i terrified of what happens next, of course. because i don't like change. i wont change who i am, but id like to improve my ways, id like to be comfortable holding a conversation that isn't just about what i like, id like to actually enjoy myself around people and not look like the creep in the room with my eyes glued to my phone. id like to be able to control my emotions, especially when it comes to my routine being changed. i feel more normal this week then i ever have in my life. ive expressed so many things to this site that i would never ever have expressed to anyone. i was welcomed immediately, by everyone that understands me, my thoughts, my actions, my misunderstandings. ive never felt more relieved to be able to express myself and not be judged or made fun of. the therapy that ive received since Friday from this site has far surpassed any and all other types of therapy or treatment ive ever received before. i do have a long road ahead, but with the help of like minded people, that will be 100 times easier....

I am glad you like it here! Me, too! :) There are days when I am in tears and think "I am SO glad I have a group that really, really get it." And if they don't, they always support each other . Good and very smart people here.

Been there, done that, got the puke down my T shirt!

Having children and a serious accident at work are major life events. They become the mother's special interest and that changes the dynamic or your relationship with her.

They also don't give you a moments peace or respite when they are awake. The house is no longer a place of retreat and recharge. Life in the home is on a constant state of flux. That is stressful.

If the child turns out to be on the spectrum to then it is that much harder again.

I wish you all the best. Parent is a challenge a the best of times. Focus on what you have achieved.

things are not necessarily permanent, maybe you just need time to adjust
me having trouble adjusting and ao my aversion to noise, contributed to my decision to not have children, it wasn't a fun discussion to have wth my partner, but rather that than halfheartedly be a father
so in my book you are actually pretty brave

everybody goes through things that affect them, whether it be the arrival of a child, passing of a loved one, menopause,
being married is supposed to be for 'better or worse', that also means supporting someone if they've run into some trouble

New Threads

Top Bottom