• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recruitment Agencies and Confidentiality

Ariel

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone can offer advice about confidentiality legislation.
I recently got in touch (in writing) with my recruitment agency to let them know that the job they recruited me for has turned out to be very different to the job description. I spoke what I felt was the truth about my work (or lack of), was blunt but by no means abusive.
The recruitment agency has since forwarded the message to my workplace and I am now close to being sacked.
It is an ongoing situation - I have flagged the problem to my boss and HR almost weekly so they were aware of the situation and how it was making me feel.
The question is, has the agency broken confidentiality by forwarding my message to the company without my consent? It states that it is registered to The Data Protection Act (UK).

Obviously I now regret putting the message in writing, but I was feeling pretty low...

To my mind yes they have broken the data protection act and just asked my nt husband and he says definitely they have broken it.

This sort of reminds me of the time I got chosen out of 3, to do work experience in the reception area of a supermarket. I did not want the job, but with sinking heart, compared to the other two women I knew I would be chosen and that was despite doing all I could to change that.

I worked 2 days and then said I could not do it any more, due to the disgusting behaviour of the other workers. I was told they felt sorry for my decision but see that it was the wrong invironment and yeah escaped lol

Thanks for your response and for asking your husband! I've now asked a couple of friends who think so too. It makes no sense really - by hastening my exit they only stand to lose their bonus.
So sorry about your reception job. :(

Thanks for your response and for asking your husband! I've now asked a couple of friends who think so too. It makes no sense really - by hastening my exit they only stand to lose their bonus.
So sorry about your reception job. :(

Mmmm very strange indeed; perhaps there is a bit of something like: lose clients, gain bonus etc. And that is ok, it was many years ago now lol

New Threads

Top Bottom