• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recruiting College Students with Autism for Survey on Educational Technologies

dori22

Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student conducting a research study (online survey) on college students with Autism's learning experiences in using educational technologies for courses. This study aims to bring insight into how to best support students with Autism in college by identifying the educational technologies used and the learning strategies used in technology-integrated courses. The survey will take about 15 minutes. Participants will have an option at the end of the survey to enter a raffle to win a $40 Amazon e-gift card. Here is the link to the survey: https://usc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbO5fSioPpX60Bg

For more information, here is the link to the flyer: ASDStudy_USC

Eligibility to participate in this survey:

· Received a formal diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder

· Currently in a post-secondary institution which includes: 4-year university, 2-year university, community college, tech/trade/vocational school, professional school

· Currently working on a certificate or degree (e.g., credential, Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)

· Must be at least 18 years old

This study has been approved by the USC’s Institutional Review Board Health Sciences and Behavioral Sciences. (IRB No. UP-21-00969). Data will be kept strictly confidential.

Please contact me here or via email at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a Ph.D. student conducting a research study (online survey) on college students with Autism's learning experiences in using educational technologies for courses. This study aims to bring insight into how to best support students with Autism in college by identifying the educational technologies used and the learning strategies used in technology-integrated courses. The survey will take about 15 minutes. Here is the link to the survey: https://usc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbO5fSioPpX60Bg

For more information, here is the link to the flyer: ASDStudy_USC

Eligibility to participate in this survey:

· Received a formal diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder

· Currently in a post-secondary institution which includes: 4-year university, 2-year university, community college, tech/trade/vocational school, professional school

· Currently working on a certificate or degree (e.g., credential, Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate)

· Must be at least 18 years old

This study has been approved by the USC’s Institutional Review Board Health Sciences and Behavioral Sciences. (IRB No. UP-21-00969). Data will be kept strictly confidential.

Please contact me here or via email at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Thank you!
No incentive to participate members like an incentive saying eligibility doesn't help we aren't naive,I've now seen the $40 raffle!

Last edited:
What is it with these "researchers" lately? No thanks.

Better (to stop wasting precious time)would be to employ( we are not slaves) somebody with autistic neurology, who is either verbal or permanently non verbal, instead of doing surveys, our communication is picture-what we see as opposed to verbal-emotional(neurotypical)

The best thing to do with these unsolicited surveys is fill them out with nonsense information. I do the same thing with any other I'm asked to fill in!

Why does everyone always have to be so hostile to these surveys. Far as i know there is no rule against them. Just don't participate if you don't like them

Why does everyone always have to be so hostile to these surveys. Far as i know there is no rule against them. Just don't participate if you don't like them
I agree! It’s a shame I’m not in the target group, having completed my masters a few years ago, otherwise I’d gladly participate.

The best thing to do with these unsolicited surveys is fill them out with nonsense information. I do the same thing with any other I'm asked to fill in!
Why would you go through the effort to fill out a survey with nonsense information? If you don’t want to fill it out, don’t do it. Why would you mess with someone’s research though?

Why would you go through the effort to fill out a survey with nonsense information? If you don’t want to fill it out, don’t do it. Why would you mess with someone’s research though?

Sorry if it offends you.

If there is one thing that irritates me it is people trying to obtain personally identifiable information with these so-called surveys.

We have a great many vulnerable members on here and the very last thing we want to happen is for them to get taken for a ride with such 'surveys'.

Sorry if it offends you.

If there is one thing that irritates me it is people trying to obtain personally identifiable information with these so-called surveys.

We have a great many vulnerable members on here and the very last thing we want to happen is for them to get taken for a ride with such 'surveys'.
I’m not offended, I just don’t see the logic in your approach. You’re not helping or protecting anyone by filling out bogus information in these surveys, IMO. Unless Big Research finds out one person is filling out bogus info and doesn’t want to use these forums anymore, it’s not a deterrent.

And while I understand your point about wanting to protect vulnerable members, I personally think it might be better to leave it up to the mods whether surveys for research are allowed on the forums or not.

I personally think it’s good that researchers come to these forums to ask people to take surveys. What better place to get a large group of people on the spectrum to participate in research? It’s a vast improvement to studies that talk about us, but not with us. And everyone that participates in these surveys does so of their own volition.

I’m not offended, I just don’t see the logic in your approach. You’re not helping or protecting anyone by filling out bogus information in these surveys, IMO. Unless Big Research finds out one person is filling out bogus info and doesn’t want to use these forums anymore, it’s not a deterrent.

And while I understand your point about wanting to protect vulnerable members, I personally think it might be better to leave it up to the mods whether surveys for research are allowed on the forums or not.

I personally think it’s good that researchers come to these forums to ask people to take surveys. What better place to get a large group of people on the spectrum to participate in research? It’s a vast improvement to studies that talk about us, but not with us. And everyone that participates in these surveys does so of their own volition.

No, my approach isn't logical. Many things I do have zero logic to them!

I wholeheartedly agree with the mods/admin deciding whether the survey goes ahead or not. One thing I will make clear is that if the person wanting to do the survey engages with the mods/admin BEFORE posting the it and gets clearance I will leave it alone.

Thank you!

I have to admit, it's not often that such a poster provides some real documentation of validating who they are and for what purpose. More so than usual.

Much appreciated, given many of us are a cautious lot and for good reason.

@dori22,
I am sorry some member have given you a hostile response. I do not qualify for your study but I would help if I could. Auties can be so weird. :)

I am sure you already are aware of your resources but if you need a little extra boost you might correspond with these guys:
Home.

New Threads

Top Bottom