• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recommendations Tab - New Feature We Need Feedback On

Brent

Administrator
Hi,

We are working on something that will hopefully improve your experience on the forum. We want to be able to show you content you think you would like based on what you have viewed in the past. This is the basic concept that we are after currently.

In the navigation area you should see a Recommendations link. Right now, all we want from you as far as feedback is:

1) Do you see any content listed on this page or are you told that you have no recommendations?
2) If you do have recommendations listed, how good are they? Is it content you want to see? If not can you please point to us the content that you do not want to see and why?

We want to keep it simple right now as we are still at a very early process of creating this.

Thanks for your feedback :)

I see no recommendations. However, I don't really care since I already know where I want to go, and the site is just small enough for me to navigate through it on my own.

I see no recommendations. However, I don't really care since I already know where I want to go, and the site is just small enough for me to navigate through it on my own.

Thanks for the feedback. The goal is to create something for the future, where as we grow and more and more people are commenting we can show you what you would like to see as best as we can. So if you start seeing things showing up, we would appreciate your feedback.

I also get told that there are no recommendations (so no content listed), previously there was content though (before I started the thread regarding the lag). I personally feel that the recommendations is a good feature because it exposes you to previously inactive threads that have some relevance to you personally - this is what I found through using it.

Last edited:
Good idea Brent, though mine's blank too. Not sure if we first need to be more active first, so that it can calculate where we've been, before making suggestions for us.

Good idea Brent, though mine's blank too. Not sure if we first need to be more active first, so that it can calculate where we've been, before making suggestions for us.

Yours was one of the first that I brought to the developers attention as you are quite active so we would hope to see something for you. :)

Mine is also empty and I am quite active as well.

It might just be a case of fine tuning what threads you are following.

Hi,

We are working on something that will hopefully improve your experience on the forum. We want to be able to show you content you think you would like based on what you have viewed in the past. This is the basic concept that we are after currently.

In the navigation area you should see a Recommendations link. Right now, all we want from you as far as feedback is:

1) Do you see any content listed on this page or are you told that you have no recommendations?
2) If you do have recommendations listed, how good are they? Is it content you want to see? If not can you please point to us the content that you do not want to see and why?

We want to keep it simple right now as we are still at a very early process of creating this.

Thanks for your feedback :)
No Recommendations

I had a single recommendation, and it was a post the topic of which I was not much interested in. I assume my being a newish member is a big factor.

I would say to just add a general chat room thing. Seprate from the threads where people just talk
AC does have this functionality, it can be located under the appropriately named tab "chat room". You can find this near buttons such as "Forums" and "Media".

New Threads

Top Bottom