• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recommend A Book

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I've never tried doing one of these games so I don't know if this will work and I'm not even entirely sure it is a game but it sounds fun in my head.

Recommend a book you think the poster above you would enjoy!

News article from the acid cow.com duck (ducks name is star)wearing a bow tie gets into a fight with a dog in a pub in Devon the ducks beak was damaged but the vet says he's doing well, star is a regular at the pub

For a @Streetwise person, The Outsiders. It's one of those books that is required reading in junior high or high school, which leads me to believe that no one would willingly read it if it wasn't an assignment.

For @Fino I recommend Tuesday's with Morrie it was interesting to think of a lecturer going to the disco and then living with Lou Gehrig's disease and the writer of the book Mitch going to talk with him every Tuesday

For @Fino I recommend Tuesday's with Morrie it was interesting to think of a lecturer going to the disco and then living with Lou Gehrig's disease and the writer of the book Mitch going to talk with him every Tuesday

My sister read that as a high school assignment and absolutely loved it. I have never gotten around to reading it.

To laugh and cry at the same time: Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. I love her twisted comedic mind.

I really liked "Mutant Message from Down Under". Even though the book was written under false pretenses. Also Stephen King's "The Drawing of Three" (The 3rd book in the Gunslinger epic novels). I could go on and on really.

I just started Autism in Heels: The Untold Story of a Female Life on the Spectrum by Jennifer Cook O’Toole. It’s pretty good so far.

I finished "the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime" as one of my English Subject readings, and I consider the story to be an interesting one.

I've never tried doing one of these games so I don't know if this will work and I'm not even entirely sure it is a game but it sounds fun in my head.

Recommend a book you think the poster above you would enjoy!

Mostly people seem to be overlooking your idea of this topic being a game.
And they are just talking about books or articles that they have enjoyed.

Not many people are focusing on the idea of recommending a book for
the person who has posted just before them.

@tree I seem to recall that you have made some insightful and knowledgeable comments on mental health and how happiness is a choice (apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else) and based on that I think you may enjoy The Subtle Art of not giving a F^*! by Mark Manson. Also for some reason based on nothing I think you may enjoy Concious by Annaka Harris, it's an absolutely fascinating and insightful study of consciousness that can be read in a couple of hours but will leave you questioning everything you understand about your own mind.

@NothingToSeeHere

If anything I've written here was about happiness being a choice,
it undoubtedly was a reference to Albert Ellis, A Guide to Rational Living.

I believe some members have misconstrued the title to mean that
the author, and by extension, @tree, are cold and heartless. LOL

Those would be people who have not read the book. :)

@NothingToSeeHere

If anything I've written here was about happiness being a choice,
it undoubtedly was a reference to Albert Ellis, A Guide to Rational Living.

I believe some members have misconstrued the title to mean that
the author, and by extension, @tree, are cold and heartless. LOL

Those would be people who have not read the book. :)
That's a great book, read is years ago on recommendation of a therapist and found is very useful :) Judging a book by it's title is never a good idea.

Thanks for the recommendation, @tree and @NothingToSeeHere I'll look into finding it. As for a personal recommendation, at the moment I'm wading through the confusing prose of the 'Man in the High Tower' by Philip K. Dick. A world where the germans won the war and it's subsequent cataclysm of strictures and law. Wouldn't recommend it.

The last books I truly enjoyed were Alexander McCall Smith's, "Portugese Irregular Verbs, The Finer points of Sausage Dogs, and his series the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency." So I would recommend any of those.

Mostly people seem to be overlooking your idea of this topic being a game.
And they are just talking about books or articles that they have enjoyed.

Not many people are focusing on the idea of recommending a book for
the person who has posted just before them.

To tree I recommend The Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean. Lots of trees and plants and flowers in it.

New Threads

Top Bottom