• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recently Diagnosed...

Naomi

It's a lot to take in. I've been to therapists before, but they've always worked with me on anxiety issues. I suppose it all makes sense, in hindsight.

But where are my manners! I'm Naomi, which is not my real name, but it's good enough for an internet forum. Recently, I turned seventeen and am looking to see if I could find some people with shared experiences. I can't count how many times I look back on a conversation I had or something, and think: "Why did I say/do that? What was I thinking?"

Hopefully there are some other people that I can relate to.

I was diagnosed with HFA, but could have just as easily been diagnosed with Asperger's. It was all a difference in what form the psychiatrists were using, apparently. Is there a big difference between the two?

I like anime, writing (where the subtleties of human interaction actually make sense to me, for some reason), and lots of 'right brain' activities in general. My handwriting is terrible (like a child's) and video games are awesome. That's about it.

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Well since Naomi isn't your real name, is it ok if I just call you Uncle George?

Yes, I have those 'what was I thinking, why did I say that' moments alot. It seems to happen mostly in situations where I am anxious/nervous and unable to think clearly, or where a sudden emotion has surged and momentarily takes over the brain. And it can happen in what should not be very anxious circumstances. Its like we get anxious and our brains scrambled way too easy.

But anyway, Hi & welcome Uncle George.
;)

Hey Naomi! Welcome!

About the HFA and Asperger thing, there indeed is a lot of overlap in them, and a lot of people seem to have "traits" of both sides. For instance me, I was diagnosed with Asperger, but I have a wide interest in a lot of things. Heck! I even am interested in makeup :confused: :eek: and I can almost only think visually. I imagine how things look, and they turn out pretty close. I even recall complete images of things where I've been. All very clear.

It seems like I have overlap with all different kinds of things, it's very confusing as it doesn't really help to understand myself.
I don't even know if this is relevant to your question anymore as I seem to keep rambling *sigh*
That's just how life goes with a brain that sucks at remembering things from time to time...

New Threads

Top Bottom