• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recent break up after 4 years

Edg

I have recently been on a break with my autistic girlfriend,it came out the blue really we were having a great relationship and been living with each other for over a year we went out then out of no where she wanted to go on a break,and that her head wasn’t in a good place and needed space,we were on a break for about 5 weeks then we met up today and she said she wanted to break up and just wanted to be friends.i found it very strange that she never spoke to her family and friends about it we had just been on holiday with her family aswell,I was just wondering if this had happened to any one else or what to do next.

I have recently been on a break with my autistic girlfriend,it came out the blue really we were having a great relationship and been living with each other for over a year we went out then out of no where she wanted to go on a break,and that her head wasn’t in a good place and needed space,we were on a break for about 5 weeks then we met up today and she said she wanted to break up and just wanted to be friends.i found it very strange that she never spoke to her family and friends about it we had just been on holiday with her family aswell,I was just wondering if this had happened to any one else or what to do next.

Why should she speak to her family and friends about it? It's her own life. Plus, breakups are very very common. It's not easy to find match ups that last no matter what neuro-type you are.

As far as has anyone broke up with me before. Of course. And what you do about it is move on and heal over time.

Hrmm.

Methinks there's a double-standard in interabled relationship issues when the man asks instead of the woman.

Sorry to hear about your breakup, this sounds difficult. Could she say what the issues or reasons were for her? It's hard when you don't understand why it's happened. She maybe just felt living closely with someone was too hard?

There wasn’t any issues just that she needed to go back home and reset,it was strange and took my by surprise,I’m hoping that we can get back together
Sorry to hear about your breakup, this sounds difficult. Could she say what the issues or reasons were for her? It's hard when you don't understand why it's happened. She maybe just felt living closely with someone was too hard?

Even though it seemed fine to you, there was likely something brewing in this other person for a long while. Can you ask her about these things? We are each unique, everyone’s experience in a relationship will be different. She is really the only one who can answer your questions.

New Threads

Top Bottom