• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Real-Life "Spiderman" in Paris...!

I guess im the only one who thinks he put the life of the kid at risk.
He acted with good intention and a lot of courage thought, but that looks reckless to me.
The neighbour was about take the kid , but yeah when he started to climb the neighbour wasnt there yet and he just didnt think twice, i understand.

Love the outcome- making him a French citizen and offering him a job as fireman (if true) as well as saving the child. Nice to see a good response to this.

Not realy a job of fireman , it's a misstranslaton.
Actually in France they created some stage(placement?) few years ago for young adults before 25, it's called civic service its like months of underpaied work in a area related to public service (association etc.)

I dont know how to translate all of that from french to english so I hope this is clear, but yeah basically making him do this job is a great opportunity for him to become fireman.

But yeah I dont realy like how this story is handled in our country, I hope this guy is 100% clean and that it wont backfire later, social media and media in general make things go to fast especially when politician want to use the situation.

But yeah its a cool story to be honest. I just think like that all the time.

I do not believe it!

First of all, how can an infant have the mental capicity to actually hang on for dear life? Why could the couple who were right there, not zip around and kick the door in?

Have you see the picture of this "hero" holding his deploma? His eyes are cunning as heck.

I do not believe it!

First of all, how can an infant have the mental capicity to actually hang on for dear life? Why could the couple who were right there, not zip around and kick the door in?

Have you see the picture of this "hero" holding his deploma? His eyes are cunning as heck.
Yeah I was thinking there was something fishy about it too, if it was some sort of publicity stunt however it's child abuse.

@Suzanne & @pjcnet , the article said,
"According to La Chaîne Info, the child's father, who was placed in custody, left the child alone in the apartment to go shopping and said the balcony door was closed."

So the child neglect aspect has been addressed.

Not the first hero from Mali...

France's new Malian hero
Alex Duval Smith, West Africa correspondent, BBC News

Mr Gassama's four-storey dash is a reminder of another Malian hero who gained national prominence in January 2015 during an extremist attack on a Jewish supermarket in Paris.

A young Malian employee, Lassana Bathily, was credited with saving the lives of six hostages including a baby when he led them to a safe hiding place, escaped, then directed gendarmes to their rescue.

Two weeks later - after six years of struggling to secure legal residency in France - Mr Bathily was given a medal and a French passport by then President François Hollande.

In 2016, he wrote a book ''Je ne suis pas un heros'' (I am no hero) and created a charity whose first project was to provide irrigation for his home village in western Mali.

Like Mr Bathily's selfless leadership to save the hostages, Mr Gassama's heroic climb to save the boy cements the image of Mali as a country with a culture of old-fashioned public spiritedness. All that and an outstanding musical heritage too! A.

Source

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom